A Chicago Welcome

A/N This is a Fire episode that I'm including because of the person who makes a surprise guest appearance here and cause of the ending scene depicted in the photo above.

Without further ado, please relax and enjoy the read!

~Princess <3

*Firehouse 51: Just Outside of the Apparatus Floor*

Ana appeared next to Chief and furrowed her brows in confusion. The members of 81 were all acting like a bunch of kids on Christmas while Herrmann and his crew were watching on in envy.

"Is that a new truck?" The brunette inquired and the older man probably would have jumped a foot in the air if not for the fact that he was completely used to her appearing at random.

"Yeah." He nodded.

Ana opened her mouth to ask another question but closed it again with a soft smile on her lips when Matt walked up to them.

"I thought I'd be buried before the old 81. How'd you manage an upgrade, Chief?" He wondered.

"I have no idea." The older man shrugged, gazing down at the woman beside him.

"Don't look at me! I just got back from New York yesterday." She replied, holding her hands up jokingly in surrender.

Matt just grinned and gave her a quick hug before walking off.

"Uh, what about 51? When when do we get an upgrade?" Herrmann suddenly spoke up and Chief just gave him a pointed look. "I mean, it's just you know nah, nah, I'm not gonna say anything." He shook his head. "Okay, I'm gonna say it, all right? Engine 51 is the afterthought of this firehouse!"

"The legroom in this cab is exquisite." Mouch commented, poking his head out of one of the truck's windows.

"Afterthought!" The Engine Lieutenant yelled, angrily.

Ana suddenly burst out laughing and Chief looked down at her with a small smile. They both quickly sobered up, however, when the bell went off.

Engine 51, Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambulance 61, House Fire, 81 South Washtenaw.

*Time Skip brought to you by this rescue going exactly as it does in the episode*

Chief, Ana, and, Kelly made their way towards the older man's Office. Their thoughts were all occupied with trying to figure why a certain someone had joined them during the call earlier today.

"Chief, Captain, Lieutenant." The voice of one Jerry Gorsch called, making the three stop just before the entrance of the small room and turn to face him.

"Why were you at my fire scene today?" The taller man demanded, instantly.

Both men shifted closer to the brunette in a protective manner. Gorsch was not someone they wanted near her nor was he the type of person Ana wanted to be around right now.

"I wanted to see how your men were enjoying the new truck." He replied, ignoring how skeptical they looked. "81 was overdue for an upgrade. I apologize it took me this long to push it through the department."

Chief and Kelly shared a disbelieving look while the woman between them outright scoffed at his words.

"Uh-huh. What's the catch?" The Lieutenant eyed him, warily.

"It's a peace offering, guys." Gorsch insisted. "I saw a need and I filled it, which is my job. And I'm here because I have a different need I would also like to fill."

Chief chuckled, lowly and Kelly cracked a small smile.

"Ah ha! There it is." Ana smirked.

"Trust me, this is something all three of you will get behind." He assured.