Mercy

The three cops cautiously, but quickly, made their way down a long corridor and around corner.

"5021 Henry, we've got an offender down and an officer injured. Roll two ambulances to 3900 West Union." Hailey radioed, urgently making them speed up just a little.

However, all caution was thrown out the window when a gunshot went off a few seconds later. They eventually found themselves standing over a staircase leading down towards another room.

"Hailey?" Adam called out, tentively, having spotted a lock of blonde hair running across the area.

"Yeah, it's m- oh, god JAY!" She gasped. "OFFICER DOWN! OFFICER DOWN!"

The three raced down the stairs finding Angela on the floor in the corner with a gun a few feet away from her hands. Adam instantly ran over and kicked it away while the two Sergeants rushed over to where Hailey was crouching beside their fallen teammate.

Ana gasped once she caught sight of his bruised and bloodied body. Her gaze fell to his side and all the color drained from her face. She quickly holstered her gun, kneeled down next him and tuned everything else out, focusing soley on the pressure she was putting on the bullet wound in his abdomen.

By the time Ana finally came back to reality, Hank had gently pulled her away so the paramedics had room to work. The brunette turned and buried her face in her husband's shoulder. He just wrapped his arms around her in response.

*Chicago Med*

The waiting room was filled to the brin with cops awaiting any news on Jay. A familiar mop of red hair suddenly walked in from the E.D entrance and the Intelligence Unit all gathered around to see what he had to say.

"Hey, everybody. I just talked to Dr. Marcel. He said the bullet grazed an artery. They're still trying to repair it." The doctor explained, quietly. "I'm-"

"Will?" Hank called, gently. "Is he gonna be okay?"

"He's lost a lot of blood." The redhead swallowed, thickly, and looked at the floor.

"Will, I- I- I'm sorry." Ana stuttered out as she stepped towards the doctor with red eyes. "I- I couldn't-"

"It's not your fault." He assured and moved to place a hand on her shoulder but she took a step back instead, preventing him from doing so.

"Don't. I'm covered in his blood." The brunette muttered, holding up her hands for reference and Will focused more on the right one than her left.

"Well, let's get you cleaned up then." The redhead offered. "And maybe I can find you another brace in the meantime."

Ana glanced at the blood soaked object before looking back at her husband. Hank just nodded and the brunette turned back to Will before giving him a conceding one in response. The doctor and the female Sergeant disappeared into the Emergency Department a few seconds later.

*District 21: Bullpen*

Ana was now free of her Detective's blood and fitted with a new, clean, brace courtesy of Dr. Will Halstead. The brunette was currently seated at her desk after Crawford practically shoved a new case into their faces despite what was happening with Jay.

"So the murder weapon used in the home invasion was an MK-18. Soldiers call it the street sweeper. It's fully automatic. It can rake an entire city block in about 30 seconds." Adam explained as he walked over to the whiteboard and taped a photo of the gun up on it. "ATF, they ran into a dead end on the train robbery. Their working theory is that a high ranking gang member's the one selling the guns."