Brother's Keeper

*3000 Block of South Wells Street, Albany Park*

Hank and Ana arrived on scene after Kevin and Adam responded to a call of shots fired at a restaurant, finding a man bleeding out from a gunshot wound.

"All right, we're running point on this now." The older man informed as they walked over to where their team was crowded around their DOA.

"So what do we have?" The brunette inquired.

"Victim's name is Nikolay Lukov. He had just opened the place up. He was tallying receipts in here when a couple guys came in and they robbed him." Jay explained.

"And like the previous robberies in the area, the offenders fled in a silver SUV with patches on the side." Kevin added.

"Looks like they've gone from hitting residences to hitting restaurants now." Hailey remarked.

"How much they get?" Hank wondered.

"Owner said there was about 14 grand being prepared for deposit." Kim replied.

"Any witnesses?" Ana asked.

"No other employees were here, but we do have the owner's son. 17 years old. His name is Peter. He actually flagged us down. He said when he walked up, the offenders fled and he did catch a glimpse of one of them when they took their ski mask off." Kevin recalled. "Described him as male, white, 30s."

"All right, we bag his hands, do a GSR test?" Hank guessed.

"Yep, it came back clean." Adam nodded.

"All right, so let's canvass the neighborhood for witnesses. Grab POD footage." Ana ordered.

"And check all suspicious persons in service clothes too. Maybe somebody saw the offenders casing the place." Hank shrugged.

"Copy that." Adam murmured as the two Sergeants walked off.

"Let's go." Kevin urged.

*District 21: Bullpen*

Ana looked up from her desk and spotted Adam walking over to his with some new clothes in hand. His last ones had some of the victim's blood on them so it made sense that he would need a new pair.

"Okay, where are we at on all this?" She inquired.

"We knocked on a few doors, came up dry." Adam reported.

"You would have thought that somebody would have looked out the window or heard the shots or something, but nobody saw anything." Kevin remarked.

"Or if they did, they ain't sharing." Vanessa sighed.

"All right, so street PODs?" Hank wondered, appearing next to his wife and adjusting his sleeves.

"Most of them have been vandalized, made inoperable by the locals." Hailey informed.

"Patrol did say this neighborhood is notorious for not cooperating." Kevin added. "It's been like that for years."

The two Sergeants shared a look.

"All right, I'm gonna go back, talk to this Vasil." Hank offered, referring to the victims brother. "Encourage him to work with us."

"In the meantime, it looks like we're back at square one, so let's restart from the beginning." Ana decided just as Kim appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Hey, I just got a call from a CI who's been asking around. He said he got word that a silver SUV with patches was just dropped off at an auto salvage yard on the South Side." She explained, urgently.