Intimate Violence

*2533 South Whipple: Late Evening*

Hank and Ana arrived on scene after their two Detectives responded to an armed robbery at a nearby store.

"All right, what we got was three guys. Two of them go inside to hit the place. Another one's waiting in a van down the street as a getaway driver." Jay explained, recieving a grunt from the older man as he led them into the building.

"They're experienced and motivated." Hailey added.

"Yeah, they definitely had no problem pulling the trigger." Her partner muttered.

"Well, we get a look at these guys?" Hank inquired.

"No, they were wearing masks, and when the shooting started, a bystander got hit." Jay explained, gesturing back outside. "He was just a guy on his way home from work."

"Clerk said the offenders were both male and white. She could see their necks under the mask. She saw them pass the door strip. She said that one was 6'0, and one was 6'4." Kim reported as she and Vanessa appeared behind the two Sergeants.

"And the only physical evidence inside the store are these zip-ties, which were used to restrain the victims." The newbie chimed in as Adam walked up beside her.

"Patrol found the silver van parked about a mile down the road in an abandoned parking lot off Division. It's been torched. It's actually still on fire. Reported stolen about a week ago." He informed.

"So that's where they made the switch." Ana realized and let out a sigh. "Let me guess, no prints or DNA?"

"No. There's no pictures either. They spray-painted all the surveillance cameras as soon as they walked in the store." Kevin replied from Vanessa right.

"Well, the fact they knew where the cameras were suggests they cased the place." Hank pointed out. "So let's keep talking to witnesses, but pull all the surveillance over the last couple of months."

"These guys did their homework." Ana shrugged. "Maybe we'll catch them studying."

"Copy that." Kevin nodded and everyone dispersed to carry out their orders.

*District 21: Bullpen: The Next Morning*

"All right, bring us up to speed." Hank demanded as he and Ana appeared at the top of the stairs.

The brunette went straight over to her desk while the older man shrugged his jacket off and ducked inside his Office. He tossed it onto the couch before coming back out to stand next to his wife.

"The same crew has hit two other check-cashing places in the last couple weeks, so that makes three. It's definitely a pattern." Hailey reported from her desk.

Hank looked at her in intrest, sliding his hands into his pockets.

"They're using gloves and masks. Same MO, and they're stealing a car every time to cover their tracks." Jay added from the blonde's right.

"Guys, I pulled the rest of the eyes on the block like you said." Vanessa spoke up, making her way over to her partner's desk.

"And?" Ana inquired.

"As far as we can tell, they had a lookout." Kevin answered instead, typing away at his computer. "That might be our way in."

"Thought it was a three-man crew." Hank pointed out as he, Ana, and their two Detectives all crowded around the male Officer's desk.

Adam joined them shortly after and crossed his arms.

"Same thing we thought, but this makes four. So this is the drug store on the north end of the corner five minutes before the robbery. The kid on the bike, that's our lookout." Kevin explained and they all gazed at the footage.