Silence of the Night

A/N Welcome to the final chapter of this book!

As always, please relax and enjoy the read.

~Princess <3

*District 21: Basement/Garage*

Jay walked in from the outside entrance, pocketing his phone, and instantly caught sight of his two Sergeants coming over from the staircase.

"Morning, guys." He greeted as Kevin stepped out of the Tech Office while shrugging his jacket on.

The remaining members of the Team were all crowded around a nearby whiteboard.

"Hey." Ana smiled in response.

"Listen, Adam and Kim are case-on-case on this thing, so take us through." Hank instructed as the Detective came to a stop on his left.

"All right. Three months ago, an unlicensed mini Uzi was used by a deranged white male in a black church shooting. Now, luckily for us, nobody was seriously injured." Adam reported in a slightly relieved tone. "A week ago, the same type of Uzi was used in a drive-by at a G-Park Lord's funeral. We got two dead. The shooter was caught, but he lawyered up."

"OCD Intel says the Uzis were stolen in Indiana and then transported into town. Our top priority target is this guy, Tony Reed, part-time biker, part-time alt-right agitator. He did two stints in Danville for meth distro before pivoting into guns." Kim gestured to the necessary pictures on the board as she spoke. "Now, Tony, he stays in the shadows and relies on these small-time punks to distribute the weapons, like this guy, JHawk261, who posted that charming photo on Instagram two days ago."

The female Officer took said object from Vanessa before taping it up to the whiteboard.

"And we got Kev in play as a buyer." Ana added. "The plan is to bust this JHawk and get him to flip on Reed."

"Does JHawk know you're black?" Jay wondered.

"Yeah, I'm fronting as a big dog for the 88th Street Vipers. My vibe is, he likes selling to brothers because he feels like we're just gonna wipe each other out, help his cause anyway." Kevin explained with a nod. "We got a get-to-know-you offer for five Uzis on the table, the meeting's in two hours, and I can't wait."

"All right, as soon as Kev makes the sale, we move in fast." Hank instructed. "He reaches for a weapon, light his ass up."

"Copy that." Jay nodded.

"Let's go." The older man commanded.

He shared a quick kiss with his wife and watched her head back upstairs before moving to gear up with the rest of the Team.

*A Little While Later*

Ana grouped up with the rest of Intelligence after things went a bit awry during the buy. Tom Doyle showed up and forced Kevin to leave before things could get ugly. Everyone watched as a blue car pulled up in front of them and the Officer stepped out with arms held up in exasperation.

"What the Hell was that?" He demanded.

"Talked to Trudy." Ana sighed. "Apparently, Area South has Doyle working undercover with Tony Reed's crew."

"Doyle's patrol." Kevin pointed out in confusion.

"He was promoted to detective." The brunette revealed, bitterly.

"Why didn't Area South deconflict this?" He inquired, angrily.

"I'm going to talk to his sergeant right now, and believe me, I'm gonna find out." Hank promised in a firm voice.