Infection: Part 1

A/N I don't think this even needs an explanation. 😂

Please relax and enjoy the read!

~Princess <3

*Firehouse 51: Briefing Room*

". . .Which leads me to next shift. Oktoberfest." Chief proclaimed as he paced over to the far left side of the room.

"We will not be seeing any of you because we'll be picking up drunks all day." Sylvie explained.

"Over-under on vomit in the back of the ambo is three buckets worth." Foster added from her right.

"Give me the over." Capp grinned, leaning back in his chair.

"Put me down for 20." Tony chimed in from beside him.

"That's a hard thing to measure." Mouch pointed out.

"Okay, enough." Chief barked before he could continue. "Reason why I mentioned it is because Firehouse 51 has drawn parade duty that day."

Mouch winced.

"All of us?" Herrmann inquired.

"All of us." The older man nodded and paused, glancing at Ana. "Well, you know what I mean. And we'll be assisting with crowd control."

"As long as we don't have to do any-"

"And marching." Chief finished before Mouch could vocalize his distaste for the action.

Aside from Sylvie, Foster Ana, Kelly, Matt, and Stella, everyone else started groaning and complaing about their new predicament. The older man just rolled his eyes and moved towards the wall where Otis' cane was mounted.

"If there are any grievances, you can all take it up with my new assistant." He sassed and placed a trashcan on the table in front of him.

Ana stifled a laugh and watched as Chief looked around, waiting for someone to challenge him.

"Didn't think so." He smirked, smugly. "Dismissed."

Most of the rooms occupants dispersed and left do their own thing. Matt and Kelly, on the other hand, followed after Ana as she began making her way towards the Common Room while Sylvie and Stella, in turn, followed the two men. The small group rounded a corner just in time to see familar face walk in from one of the Apparatus Floor's various entrances.

"Bluejay?" Ana furrowed her brows, confused as to what the Detective was doing here of all places. "Is everything okay?"

"Hey, Sarge, um, you remember how some of us all went the bears game earlier?" He asked and continued when she nodded in response. "Well, a man collapsed in the middle of the tailgate with a wound in his left leg. We rushed him to the hospital but I'm still having a hard time identifying him." Jay explained and switched his gaze to the other four who were actually with him during this event. "I just want to make sure I'm not missing something."

"He's not talking?" Matt wondered.

"He's still in a coma." The Detective replied. "Do you guys remember anything from the tailgate? I was the last guy getting over to him."

"I just started running when I saw him. He collapsed before I got there." The male Captain recalled.

"Did anybody say that they were his friends or. . .?" Jay trailed off.

"No, I talked to people as the ambulance pulled up. No one knew him." Sylvie shook her head.

"He went to the game alone?" Kelly inquired.

"Well, maybe his friends were in the stadium." Stella suggested.

"You know, he had a ticket on him, but it was a third-party purchase through the NFL app." Jay added, thoughtfully.