Burden Of Truth

Hank Voight stepped out of his vehicle and began the walk over to the small group with Adam on his right. Kim joined them a few seconds later.

"What do we got?" Chief demanded, having arrived at roughly the same time.

"Fire's contained. Got a couple smoke inhalation injuries but they're on their way now to Med with the GSW victim, Travis." Ana explained, ignoring her husband giving her a once over.

"Believe he started the fire. Smelled gasoline when we entered." Kelly added.

"So the, uh, shooter's the dealer, Logan Peters?" Adam asked in confirmation once he was close enough.

"Yeah, he's in the wind. Fled during the fire." Sean shrugged. "It's too late for a perimeter."

The female Officer just glared at him and Hank glanced between the two before speaking

"All right, well, Kim will take your statement." He decided. "Someplace quiet, huh?"

The younger woman shifted her angry gaze back to Sean and tilted her head towards her car. They proceeded to walk off in that direction and Hank watched them go before looking back at his wife. The couple just stared at each other and let out a sigh.

*District 21: A Litte While Later*

Ana took a quick trip back to 51, changing into her usual clothes as well as grabbing her cop gear before meeting up with Sean, Kim, Trudy, and Hank in her husband's Office.

The older man was, of couse, seated at his desk while Sean and Trudy were in the chairs across from him. Kim was standing near the closed door with her hands shoved deep into her jacket pockets and Ana was leaning back against the couch with a cigarette in hand.

"My mother called me last week. She found pills in Sarah's room. Flushed them, then accused her of dealing. Which didn't go well." The former Officer muttered.

"She ran." Ana guessed.

"She's been gone nine days." Sean nodded and Hank released a grunt in response. "We thought she ran off with her boyfriend. I didn't even know his name until yesterday. Logan Peters."

The older man grunted once more in reply.

"If she did sell to those kids that OD'd. . ." Trudy trailed off.

"Then she's looking at a big charge." Ana shook her head, sadly.

"I know her, Sarge. She's a good kid." Kim spoke up. "She's just. . .down on her luck, needs our help."

The brunette let out a sigh and shared a look with Hank.

"Well, we find her first, we'll do what we can to protect her." He promised.

"Okay. " The female Officer murmured, quietly, and glanced at floor while Sean did the same to his lap.

The older man gazed over at his wife again and gave her a small nod.

"All right." Ana cracked a small smile. "You can ride with Kim."

"On a short leash." Hank added, sternly, glancing between the two ex partners. "I'm gonna tell you something, you go off on your own while you're with our unit you're gonna see a whole other side of me, you understand?" He warned.

"Yeah." Sean nodded with wide eyes.

"Okay, he's yours." Ana smirked, shooting her husband a pointed look and rolling her eyes.

She knew he had only said that to scare him because nothing else was going to happen without her agreement in the matter.

"Thank you." Sean murmured.