8

Pandora-

Pandora couldn't stop blushing. From the moment she woke up to the cold November air to the moment she went to the dining hall and listened to her friends squabble. Ever since Pandora was young she would keep a journal of dreams hidden underneath her pillow. It was the only muggle-Esque thing her parents allowed her to do. Whenever she dreamed of something that seemed remotely interesting she would jot it down in the journal. The journal was probably burned in her old home but that was beyond the point. She remembered very clearly that her top wish was to spend Christmas with someone who cared about her. Someone other than Regulus. Someone that she would want to marry. She wrote the wish when she was seven and now, nearing the age of fifteen, Pandora had finally accomplished her goal. Xenophilius Lovegood offered his house to her. Well, technically his mother did, but Pandora could swear she saw a blush painting on his cheek when he asked her. The poetic romance she was experiencing was almost overwhelming. She hadn't expected the Lovegoods to let her stay for summer, especially due to Pandora being only slight acquaintances with their son. But now she had a place to stay for eternity. Right by Xenophilius' side. The thought alone made Pandora squeal like a madman. She was actually excited for Christmas. If Pandora closed her eyes, she could just picture sharing a kiss with Xenophilius underneath the mistletoe. Oh the romance, it was almost to die for. But there was only one problem. One very big problem that snapped her out of her fantasy. She watched as Regulus mumbled through an incantation, Gene watching with wide eyes as the sparks flew. With a slight frown, Pandora ran her hands through her hair, attempting to release the knots. Regulus would be alone at the Black mansion. 

Now, as much as Sirius pretended Pandora was related to the two brothers. Although Sirius was older than both Regulus and Pandora, Pandora felt an odd sense of protectiveness over Regulus. She was the only person in the family she could trust and that alone was special. But that was where the problem lay. The four already knew Regulus would be sent back to the Black estate for Christmas along with his brother who, if they were taking past experiences into account, would probably get himself disowned. That would leave Regulus alone and unguarded against the violence of his parents. Now Pandora didn't want to tell Sirius to stay in the abusive household so that Regulus would be safe. That wasn't fair. But as Pandora watched Gene and Jacob laugh with Regulus, she was almost tempted to walk down to the dungeons and force Sirius to promise. Promise that Regulus wouldn't be hurt. Promise that Sirius would stay no matter what happened, no matter how much pain he was in.

"Panda, you gotta cast it," Gene called, grabbing Pandora's hand to push her towards the dummy. Blinking, Pandora cast the encantation and the dummy was thrown across the room. It hit the wall with a loud noise that made all of the students stare.

"Sorry," Pandora giggled, her cheeks turning a pretty pink. "I've been stressed," With grumbles, the students got back to trying to perfect the incantation as her friends all gawked.

"God, Panda, remind me not to piss you off," Pandora rolled her eyes but patted Gene affectionately on the head before going back to her perch at the desks. Her friends quickly followed.

"What are you stressed about?" Jacob asked, his hair unruly shaking with each step he took. Pandora sighed, glancing up at her friends before biting back a blush.

"I need to tell you guys something and you have to promise not to overreact," Her friends nodded, leaning in closer. "The Lovegoods have offered a permanent residency at their estate." Regulus grinned while Jacob gawked. Gene's frowned slightly but nonetheless nodded in approval. "I'll be spending Christmas with Xenophilius and I hope he will confess his feelings to me and we will kiss-,"

"What?" Gene yelled, suddenly disgusted. The thought of Pandora kissing anyone made his stomach churn in discomfort. Everyone stared at Gene as he calmed down. Pandora's face turned pink. "Sorry, thought I saw a spider," A few kids giggled but most glared. Gene quickly sat back down, ignoring the questionable smirk on Jacob's face. Pandora swatted at Gene's sleeve causing him to hiss at the touch.

"I said don't overreact!"

"Well you didn't have to tell me such vivid details. You're like my mum, that's just gross!" Jacob's eyebrow rose.

"So Xenophilius is your daddy?" Gene's face turned red.

"Jacob!" Pandora and Gene worked together to swat at the boy who was cackling with Regulus. 

"You didn't have to say it like that,"

"Daddy? Everybody says daddy?" Jacob cleared his throat, ready to give an example. "Yes daddy, no daddy, whatever you want da-," Before Jacob could finish Regulus put a hand over his friend's mouth.

"I'm proud of you, Panda. You'll have such an amazing Christmas." Pandora frowned. She could hear the end of the sentence easily. 'You'll have such an amazing Christmas without me.' Pandora shook her head, delicately grabbing Regulus' hand. 

"The Lovegoods still attend Yule, I'll be able to see you then." Gene furrowed his eyebrows, his chin propped on his hand.

"Would it be safe for you?" Regulus shrugged.

"Most pureblooded families refuse to abuse their kids in the public's eye. There's still the question of morality. If a parent disciplines their kids in public then it will affect badly on the house." Gene sighed.

"Pureblooded culture makes no sense," Pandora smiled, nodding her head.

"Most of us don't understand it. I'm lucky I'm marrying out of the bloodline," Jacob, who had been released from Regulus' grip, scoffed.

"Careful there, Panda, he's still a pureblood. Maybe a Lovegood and a Black had babies together. It's hard to tell," Gene thought for a moment.

"Maybe you all can fuck me," His friends all stared.

"What?" Regulus was dangerously quiet and he waited patiently for his friend to finish his thoughts before he could second guess anything.

"I mean, there's no way I could be related to you, right? I'm only three-fourths pureblood which leaves an extra fourth of untouched, uncontaminated blood." Jacob, who was trying his hardest to decide whether to laugh or cry, tilted his head.

"Uncontaminated?"

"I doubt my family fucked their siblings. Or maybe they did, how would I know?" Gene shrugged, writing something down on a piece of parchment.

"Maybe that's why you're so fucked up," Jacob quipped, throwing some ink at his friend. The ink clashed against Gene's cheek and Gene rolled his eyes, wiping his chin which caused the ink to smear. Pandora giggled. It looked like he had a beard. 

"Where are you two going for Christmas?" Regulus asked, propping his chin delicately on his hand as he doodled on the desk. The other students were packing up but the four didn't have any classes until four which gave them four hours to wait. Besides, the classroom was comfortable and they had an hour before the seventh years came. Jacob glanced at Gene, the two casually exchanging death glares, before Jacob shrugged.

"I'm going to take Gene to my house, let him taste the good old Potter hospitality." Jacob's words caused both Pandora and Regulus to feel bitterness spiraling through their bodies. The two cousins glanced at each other before Regulus hit the table with his fist causing a loud bang to run around the room. With a shaky breath, Regulus closed his eyes, gathering his emotions, before slowly tightening his lips into a smile.

"What?"