2

Jacob-

Jacob had known that, to some extent, he liked Gene. He didn't know when the attraction started but he deduced that it was when he was 12. You see, Gene had been the only person to not gawk at Jacob's last name. Partially because Gene didn't really know anything about he wizarding world and also because Gene didn't give a fuck about anything. Jacob remembered watching Gene walk into the dining-hall with a smug grin on his face. At the time he was friendly with Sirius and Gene walked up to the older Black, smacking a test down on the table. Sirius glanced at the paper before grinning.

"You fucking dog!" Gene's giggles bounced off of the walls and Jacob suddenly felt his heart beat faster. His face grew flushed and he quickly hid his head in his hands. Regulus thought Jacob was dying but it was quite the contrary. Jacob had never felt so happy. He wanted to hear Gene's laugh every waking second of the day. At first he tried to ignore the feelings, hoping that they would go away over time. But then they were thirteen and spending every waking second together. Then they were fourteen and Jacob was literally living with Gene. Last summer was a dream, a fucked up dream where Jacob could snog the living hell out of the boy he loved. He would never admit it but Jacob had never been happier. But then they fought. But then Gene started ignoring Jacob and now Gene was avoiding Jacob like the plague. 

Jacob had been trying to determine what was the best way of apologizing. He had almost gone to his brother for help only to hesitate. James wasn't the best at the whole romance situation. Besides, the two still weren't talking and probably would never talk again. Pandora told him that flowers were the best remedy to any fight but James wasn't about to buy Gene roses. Knowing Gene, Gene would probably set them on fire and then chuck them at him. Maybe a love potion would do the trick. Gene always loved drinking juice during breakfast, maybe Jacob could slip a bit of love potion. The affects would be immediately and would last for three days. Maybe Jacob could persuade Gene of Jacob's undying love and by the third day Gene wouldn't even be mad. Love potions also increased the victim's sex drive, romantic urges, and all around horniness. The thought alone caused Jacob to swat his head. There was no way drugging his one true love was going to fix anything. His face flushed brighter as he thought of Gene with a bigger sex drive than he had now. Merlin, he needed help and therapy. Jacob scowled as he left his dorm. Regulus was probably with Gene, smirking as Gene told him of his latest conquest. Jealousy beat in Jacob's stomach as he stormed through the dungeons.

"Stupid fucking Gene. Dumbass piece of shit." Jacob kicked the wall only to cry out in pain, clutching the limb in his own shadow of self pity. This was a useless thing to fret on. Gene would never be Jacob's and Jacob would never be loved. It was a fact that Jacob had grown accustomed to but it still hurt no matter how Jacob tried to ignore the truth. Sighing, Jacob slowly slid his back down the wall, relishing in the rough pain that coursed down his spine. He clutched his legs to his body, burying his exhaustion in his thighs. Gene would never forgive him. Jacob didn't even know what he did wrong. It was overwhelming, the sense of losing someone you cared about, and Jacob was never good at expressing his feelings. No wonder he was hated. 

"Are you okay?" A familiar voice sounded from above him. Inwardly groaning, Jacob nodded into his lap, his chin piercing his thighs. 

"Perfect," There was a moment of silence before Jacob heard a body sit next to him. 

"Are you going to kill yourself?" Jacob gasped, whipping his head up only to see a familiar pair of brown eyes that would usually follow his brother. Jacob rolled his eyes, shrugging himself into an emotionless haze, before glancing back at Remus.

"Why would I kill myself?"

"Because you look upset-,"

"I don't need your help." Jacob spat, glaring at the older boy in front of him. "Go suck Sirius' dick." Remus scoffed.

"Well fuck you too. Sorry if I'm worried for my mate's younger brother." Jacob frowned, wrapping his arms tighter around his legs. Remus didn't leave, instead he hesitantly placed his hand on Jacob's head. Jacob winced but had no energy to run away. "What's wrong, Jacob?"

"He's not my brother." Remus frowned but remained quiet. Jacob sent him a harsh glare. "You got that? James is not my brother."

"And who is? Gene?" Jacob stilled at Gene's name and Remus' eyes glittered in realization. "Do you love-?" 

"He hates me-,"

"That wasn't my question. Do you love Gene?" Remus persisted. Jacob said nothing. Instead he let his head bounce against the wall behind him. Remus waited, eyebrows raised in sudden interest.

"I care for him," Remus grinned.

"That's a degree of love." Jacob glanced up at Remus, a boy who Jacob had made constant efforts to ignore. Why Remus was helping him, Jacob had no idea, but he couldn't help but feel his eyes fill with tears. He needed help, he needed a support system. Regulus had his own crap, Pandora was probably going to marry Xenophilius, and Gene wasn't talking with him. Jacob had never felt so alone. Slowly, Jacob inched his way to Remus.

"Don't you dare tell James about any of this." Jacob muttered before slowly wrapping his arms around Remus. Remus froze, obviously rather unaccustomed to affection, before greeting the hug with a soft smile. Remus hugged Jacob back as Jacob slowly let the tears leak out of his eyes. Remus became resolute that day, he would be the teddy bear to any Potter than came his way.