Chapter 4

Sid's PoV

I just finished with my meeting and entered my cabin.
I called my assistant.

"What's the schedule after this Shruti" I asked her.

"Your schedule is clear sir, no meetings. You just have to sign some documents" She replied blushing.

Yaa blushing.
Don't ask me why, maybe she has a crush on me or something.
But she knows I have a girlfriend so ya whatever.

I was signing some documents and suddenly my gaze fell on my engagement ring.

( Didn't find better than this 😅)

I need to remove this ring before going to meet Shruti... otherwise she'll get angry.

And then I have to wear this again.

Not because I want to people..naah... because my mom threatened me to do so. 🤷🏻

Engagement, wedding everything happened in one week and that week changed my fucking life.
How I wish I could say NO to all those things dad said.

Flashback :

All of us were sitting at the dinner table enjoying dinner peacefully and casually talking.

It's the rule in the family no matter how much busy anyone is...you need to eat the dinner together. And I like it.
Who doesn't want to spend time with family.

"Sid , we need to talk to you about something" Mom said

"Yaa mumma , what is it" I replied

"Uhh..you need......you need to get married" She said

"Mumma....I know you want me to get married and give to grandchildren...but I am just 25 and trust me I'll marry Shurti...but I need to be more sure." I replied smiling.

"You are gonna marry Shurti" Karan asked.

"Yaa.... what's the problem in that." I replied shrugging.

"Didn't knew your taste was this bad but whatever, if you are marrying her...then good luck with you life dude" he said sadly

"What...." I was about to say something but mumma interrupted.

"Who told you, you are marrying her or anything. First listen to me "

"Yaa...sorry" I replied smiling sheepishly.

Mumma looked at papa and they had I don't know what conversation through their eyes and then dad spoke up.

" You will be getting married to my best friend's daughter" Dad said

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. How can they say that.
But wait...they could be joking right.

"Hahaha , nice joke papa" I replied smiling.