Chapter 7

Sid's PoV

I was lying in the bed tossing and turning. I just couldn't help but think about what she said.

1 week. What is she gonna do that she is so confident.

Ugh....I don't know and now everything is just messing up with my brain.

The truth is I don't even care if she can be a billionaire or not. I just said all those things in anger. The only thing I care about is why she married me after knowing everything ?

And her not having good relations with her mom didn't help either. I would have believed at some point that maybe she is forced to marry me but if she isn't even on speaking terms with her mom then she can't be forced. ? 😩

It is all soo fucking messed up and for now I can hold two people accountable for it.

- one my grandfather
- her

It's all so confusing.
She could have said no...but why didn't she.

Flashback : ( Avni's Parents house )

"Hello, welcome guys" that is surely Aiesha Oberoi. Am I marrying her daughter ?

"Hey Aiesha, how are you?" dad and mom asked.

"I am all good. Come on in" she said taking us to the living room maybe.

"So, this must be Siddharth. Right ?" She said looking at me.

"Yes. Namaste Aunty" I greeted.

"I am sorry Karan couldn't come. He had an urgent meeting" Mom said

"Oh, no worries at all" Aiesha Aunty replied.

Just then a beautiful girl came down the stairs. She could be my age or an year younger than me.

"Namaste, uncle aunty" she greeted mom and dad.

"Hii" she said to me.

We all greeted her back.

Is she........is she the one I am getting married to. Well to be honest if I didn't have a girlfriend...I would be happy as hell to marry her. She is so beautiful. But again I don't know yet...if she is as beautiful on the inside too.

"Ok so Avni, this is Siddharth, and Siddharth this is Avni" Our mother's said.

We both just nodded at each other.

"So, you both know that you need to get married and ofcourse the reason for your marriage. Any questions beside that?" Aiesha Aunty asked.

"Mumma, it isn't your court room and we aren't your clients." Avni said with a straight face.

From there I knew....her relationship with her mom is...uhh...not so good.

"Can I..talk to her in private please?"  I asked

Everyone nodded.

We both went to the lawn.

"Hey so let's cut this short. I really want you to say no for this marriage" I said to her

I know I was a bit too straightforward but I just don't how to sugarcoat words.🤷🏻

(Readers be like: then how do you sugarcoat Navya so much huhh....😤)

"Um..I am afraid I can't do that" She said.

What whyy.

"Why can't you. Listen , please say no , I have girlfriend whom I want to marry. Please." I said to her.