Chapter 14: Katniss

"Are you sure you're okay with meeting them? Some of them might be a little hostile because you took him away from them and made them lose their jobs," Prim says. She's helping me get a dinner ready for Peeta's band, who are coming here to rehearse a couple songs with Peeta and I over the weekend.

"I've already met them before. They were at the wedding and they seemed nice. Plus, I'm the one who's been pushing him to go back out there. They're quite happy with me," I say holding my bulging stomach. I'm seven and a half months pregnant and am not quite balanced. I also waddle like a duck according to Joey.

"But you've still made them wait so long," she says.

"Peeta says they're happy. They want to come here and welcome me to their little family they've formed over the years. The only person I'm a little uneasy about is Effie," I say.

"His manager?" Prim asks and I nod. "Why?"

"When she first met me, she thought I was pinning Joey on Peeta, that he wasn't really his son. Then she thought I was only after Peeta for his money. She only believed my love for him was genuine when she saw where we live, what we drive, what we eat. That's when she knew I wasn't in it for the money. But I still don't think she likes me very much," I say sitting on a bar stool.

"You'll just have to show her who you really are," Prim says smiling and I smile back. I hear a knock on the door and Peeta goes to answer it.

"Come in guys," Peeta says. I hear the foot steps of the boys as the walk in. Gale, the only one who's name I really remember, comes up and hugs me.

"Hey Catnip! You look like you're about to pop," he says.

"I've still got a month and a half Gale," I say and he laughs.

"Katniss, you remember Marvel, Cato, Thom, and Gale's brothers Rory and Vick," Peeta says reminding me of their names.

"Yes of course, It's a pleasure to see you all again. You're all very talented and it's an honor to be able to tour with you all," I say.

"Please, the honor is ours. From what we've heard of your voice, you've got quite the voice too," Cato says. "We were wondering if you'd do us the honor of singing one of your own songs that Peeta wrote for you? So we can see how we work together I mean."

"I guess there's no harm since Peeta told me he won't sing without me up there too," I say and turn to Prim,"Would you mind keeping Rory company while we go play for a while. He's the security guard so he probably won't be very interested in what we're doing."

"Sure. I'll keep him out of trouble," she says and Rory smiles as the rest of us walk to the back room. They get out their instruments and I watch as they warm up.

"So, umm which one do you want me sing?" I ask them nervously.

"Let's start with something fun," Marvel says getting out his bass," Try the Power of Love one." Peeta hands me a mic and I smile at him. He plays the first chord and I sing out the words I've been practicing.

"Heaven, heartache and the power of love" They all start to play the upbeat music and I really start to get into it.

"They say up in Heaven the streets are gold
Once you get past the Pearly Gates
And the angels are singin'
At the top of a dove white staircase

And I say heartache can burn you down like hell
Leave you beggin', "Baby, please don't go"
'Til you're scrapin' rock bottom
And cryin' in a deep dark hole

Oh, and love can make you fly like a rocket
Put you on top of the world

I'm talkin' 'bout
Heaven is where I hope I'm goin'
Heartache, that's where I've been
Heaven, heartache and the power of love