chapter 21

Evening shadow deepened into blue and purple. The shadows slipped up the rocks as though the world were drowning in darkness. Sun was sinking toward the horizon, the pitiless white ball is now an angry orange. A skinny and unhealthy little girl that totally unfit into this magnificent scenery is sitting on the old bench in the park, eating the food that she just received hastily. A coat that seems extremely expensive is given to covered her aged, torn shirt.

"Eat slower, your face look even uglier with that eating attitude."
A voice that has completely no warmth reach her ears. She raise her head and saw another girl that seems just about her age is looking at her with a pair of impatient eyes. She quickly swallow the food in her mouth and give the girl a thankful smile, if not the food and coat given by the rich girl she predict that she would be froze to death in hunger.

"What is your name, where is your parent?"

"My name is Linda.. but they called me Lia. I have no family." Lia look at the girl who has been feeding her for about a week, she doubt that if she still keep her guard up and stay silent, the girl will definitely be mad. She seems like coming from a rich and powerful family so it would be bad to mess up with such a person.

"You wanna come with me?" the girl reached out her hand and pet on Lia's head, she seems satisfied with the fact that Lia begin to talk with her.

"What do you want?"

The girl stay silent for a few moment, she is not sure what is the reason to care so much for a little beggar that about to die, probably out of curiosity or sympathy, maybe she just felt boring and need some entertainment, for whatever reason, she won't admit it.

“You have nothing to offer me, and it's okay if you don't want to come with me, you can just froze to death here, I'm taking back my coat."

"Wait.. wait! I'm going with you." Said Lia while hugging the coat that being forcefully taken away.

"Follow me."

She quickly stand up and run to the girl, but the girl is walking too fast that her weak body begin to felt hard to chase, without thinking much, she grabbed on the girl's hand, to her surprise, her hand didn't get shaken off.

"Can..can I asked your name?"

"Greda." Said the girl while slowing her steps.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"So that's how you and Greda met." Said Yuria while drinking the ice coffee given by Lia.

"But why are you telling me this?"

"What I want to say is, Greda and me are meant to be together, why is Valencia suddenly appeared between us? She is destroying my love life."

"Oh my, Lia.. " Yuria slowly reach out her hand and place it on Lia's cheek.

"???"

"How can you get drunk just by drinking coffee?"

"........."

"I didn't know you did come back to Valencia so soon."

"And you seem disappointed about it."

"......."

"I can't understand you, if Valencia and I been together wouldn't you have greater chance with greda?"

"....I don't think she will look at me even if Valencia didn't exist." Lia unintentionally tighten her grip on the plastic coffee cup, she managed to maintain her facial expression when she realised few drop of coffee spilled on her shirt.