chapter 24

This chapter doesn't contain smut, but I write some smut on next chapter, by the way,  Merry Christmas everyone 🎅! ♪ ______________________________________

40th floor,  at the VIP office room, Where all the Chairman and CEO gathered here to discuss about important issues.

There is an elegant lady sitting on the host seat, representing her status in this company. She is now looking at the documents of evidence that makes her secretary lost her job.

She scowled, rest her back on the chair and close her eyes. Unfortunately, when people shut down their eyes, they tend to focus on their hearing, now all gossips entered her ears.

"How much money she steal?"

"Enough to make her jail for life.."

"How could she..."

“we can't let this financial scandal spread.."

"Our company reputation will--"

"Silence."
All sorts of noises disappeared as Greda, their boss, demanded.

"We can't keep people like this in our company" says one of the chairman who just get offended by Greda last month. He secretly grinned when seeing the small frown from Greda, and turned his gaze at Lia

"Do you had anything to say, Secretary?"

Lia pay no attention to the chairman that accused her from the beginning, nor she seems to care about the 'crime' she committed, her gaze locked on Greda, waiting for her resolution for this situation.

She expected nothing more, just a comfort gaze from Greda is enough. She will be satisfied.

Yet the lady she care so much didn't say anything from the beginning of this meeting.

"Tsk" Lia suddenly stands up, the sound is so obvious in this quite and suffocating room. She grabbed the documents and throw it into the dustbin, along with her employee card.

"Fck this shit, I'm out." Says Lia while pointing her middle finger at all the people in this room.
She received the shocked face from everyone include Greda, normally she will fell highly accomplished for getting the facial expression that is not cold or angry from Greda, but now she just don't have the mood.

She walk out of the room and slam the door, leaving everyone stunned at their own place.

   -------------------------------------------------------

"So that's all the reason of why you are now an officially jobless people who break into my house in the middle of night and cried like somebody was dead."

Yuria place a cup of hot tea with a new box of tissues in front of Lia, she then picked up tissues paper with tears that scattered around the floor and throw it into the dustbin.

"I think you act too boldly, Greda must already had a solution to deal with it and you knew it better than me."

Lia answer Yuria's question with a small pout, she turned her gaze to the dressing table beside the bed she sits on, a lively lady appear on the mirror, with her golden brown hair that she dye recently fixed behind her ears, a few string of hair drop from the ears and covered on her spiritful blue eyes , red traces could be found at the corner of her slightly swollen eyes as a result of crying non stop for a few hours, making her look even more pitiful in a beautiful way.

"Even If she was willing to save me, thats will be all for her own good." She covered her eyes with hand, blocking the evidence that she did cried when she was the one causing this situation.

"She just didn't want those people to lesen her power." All those years accompany by Greda sides, turns out that she was the only one taking their relationship seriously.

The door suddenly open, a dominant lady leaning against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Excuse me?" A stern voice interrupt their conversation. Valencia entered the room with some documents handed to Lia.

"I thought the most important thing for you to worry now is how to avoid being sentence to jail." She sits down and placed yuria on her lap while giving Lia a cold glare.

Lia rolled her eyes and read through the papers, this is the evidence of crimes that Greda's enemy had committed, with this, she can kicked those people out and completely control her company.

"How did you..." Lia eyes turned disbelief, the only one who supposed to have this document is Greda.

"She want me to pass this to you." Says Valencia when she lean her chin on Yuria's shoulder.

"It's actually not the best time yet to used this evidence, but she still shows it anyway."

"she wins in the end though, it's a shame that you are not there to witness that moment."

"....I shall go home now." Lia grabbed her things and get out of the bed, she turned her head to Yuria before closing the door.

"Thanks for listening to me."

  -------------------------------------------------------

"Do you think Greda cares for Lia?" Asked Yuria while caressed Valencia's cheek. Valencia closed her eyes and kisses the fingers on her cheek, she recall what happened this afternoon.

----
She is walking on her way to her office, when suddenly, she saw somebody who is carrying sheets of paper accidentally get bumped by people passing by.

"I'm so sorry!!... let me help you-"

"No, no need to make a fuss." Says Greda while watching the document scattered all around the floor expressionlessly.

"Then..then I.."

"Just continue your work."

The person bow to Greda and run away, Greda quietly pick up the papers, she didn't put on her usually stern face, instead, her eyes seems lifeless, like a rose that lost its sunlight, slowly withering. Her movement of picking up the documents is so stiff, shows that she is not used to this kind of thing.

Because someone will always at her back, dealing with this kind of stuff, helping her with her daily life.

Valencia gathered the papers and handed it to Greda.

"Are you all right? Where is Lia?"

"........ "

"I'm fully controlled of my company now, so our engagement contract had ended, thanks for your support and cooperation all these years." Said Greda as she walked pass through Valencia, and it seems like she finally made up her mind.

----
Valencia open her eyes as she finished recalled, she secretly smile while answering to Yuria's question.

"Who knows?"