Chapter 35 - A Broken Family

The compound was heavily fortified; it almost looked abandoned but just being here set alarms blaring as I walked up the spillway. Somewhere in there were Bucky and Peter as well as the nightmare machine.

The plan was simple: I would take the spillway and let myself get captured. Hopefully I would be taken to Victor and the fucker running this shit. Wade infiltrated near the top of the dam, there were several air ducts with minimal security. From there he would find where they were keeping Peter and Bucky. What I didn't tell Wade was as soon as they were in the clear I was going to overload the machine and end this hellhole.

I glared at the blinking camera at the end of the tunnel "I'm here I have what you want. Let Bucky and Peter then I'll give you the stone." My voice rang off the walls echoing through the spillway. Show yourself you fucking bastard I had to bite my cheek to keep from saying it. I am in this hell hole because I cared about Peter and no matter how hard I denied it, Bucky was one of my mates and I cared about him and Steve.

Small door slid open to the side wall, several men poured out guns aimed for my head. It took every bit of will power to raise my hands in surrender. Some fates are worse than death and willingly giving up to the people who had tortured me for years. They cuffed wrists together before they pushed me through the door as it closed behind us, sealing me back into my former prison. The only thing that kept me from having a complete panic attack and killing anyone I could get my hands on was the itch of my star mark. It was a constant reminder that I was doing this to protect the people I care about.

Victor materialized beside me like a snake sneering as I glared daggers hoping he would turn into a smoking pile of ash. Sure on a good day I would love to go toe to toe with Victor but this was far from a good day "It's nice to see you've finally here sister. I've been having so much fun with your little orphan and that precious mate of yours. I will paint the walls in their blood."

In a moment of zero self control I tackled Victor wrapping the cuffs around his throat. The cuffs suddenly snapped from the force of Victor's head crashing into my face. My broken nose popped back into place as I leapt at Victor again, overwhelmed with rage and the strong desire to rip him apart. We tussled exchanging blows with such power that would easily kill a normal human. No one dared to break us apart in fear of meeting a gruesome ending.

I punched Victor in the throat before tackling the soldier who had dared come to close. Grabbing the knife from his belt I stabbed him just as Victor snatches the of my jacket tossing me backwards into the door.

My head connected with a loud clang and my vision blurred for a second as Victor loomed over me kicking the knife out of reach "I told you once that humanity would make you weak. We could have changed the world together, you could have saved Claire from her death. Why do you insist on fighting destiny?"

I spat out blood crawling back to my feet "I will never stop fighting so go shove destiny up your fucking ass brother. My daughter died and hurts but I know that this would never change it. What happens now? You put the stone in the machine and you strap me in but what happens if it kills me. So what it's just your own sister! And when I'm gone who's next! Huh? Logan! Peter! You!"

Victor scowled "You're delusional!"

"No I'm your sister!  And I hate you but I still care about you. These people don't care, they are just using you to get to me. But now they have me so you're of no use anymore..."

A sharp whistle pierced through my rant "That's enough of that Miss Jones."

Two people stood on the walkway above us one had Peter by the throat a knife pressed tightly against his throat.

"Peter!" 

*Don't Forget To Drop A Comment :)*