Chapter 33 - Girl Talk

*Welcome to chapter 33 if you haven't realized it out yet this is a very slow burn soulmate story. But if you're still reading than you must be hooked. Poor you. :)*

I flicked on the autopilot propping my legs up onto the control board watching the setting sun turn the sky into a blood red. I loved the setting sun Claire and I used to sit on the roof of our home in Chicago watching the sun set now when I see it its like she is with me again. Wade flopped into the copilot seat propping his feet up next to mine holding out a bag of chips.

Mumbling a thanks I quickly snatched a handful sinking back into the chair to munch on the snacks.

Wade pulled off his mask tossing a handful of chips into his own mouth "Are we going to talk about it?" My nose wrinkled in disgust as crumbles sprayed me in the face.

"Nope!" I popped the 'p' and picked at a very interesting hole in my pants.

Wade whined childishly throwing some chips at me "Come on Layla. This isn't Logan or the kid or those douchebag heroes, this is me. You can talk to me."

Glancing over I saw the general sincerity in his face, Wade and I had been friends for a long time sure we fucked around but when we got serious it was sincere.

I bit down on my lip hard before letting out a long sigh deflating slightly "It's been two hundred and thirty seven years since Victor found me lying by the side of a road. I've looked like this for as long as I could remember. I don't know where I've come from or who I was but I know there is no ending. Those marks have been on my arm for so long but now they're here and it hurts. When I lost Claire I felt like I had nothing left so I hunted down every person I felt was involved in her death and that's when I met him. They call him the Ghost Rider, a fucken demon from the deepest darkest parts of Hell and even he wouldn't kill me. I just can't look at them without thinking that one day I will lose them and I'll turn into Victor. It doesn't help that every time I close my eyes I can imagine them shirtless and feeding me breakfast in bed." A little snicker pulls at the corner of my mouth the things I wanted to do to those boys would make men quiver. Sorry but Layla Jones submits to no one.

Wade stuffed his fingers into his ears "La la la la I don't hear that part la la. But seriously a demon?"

Snorting I smacked him upside the head making him giggle uncontrollably, fucken dumbass "Yes Wade! Demon, fiery skull head and a lot of chains."

I glanced down at the control panel as the screen lights up quickly checking over my gear. "Get ready, we are about to land."

Wade jumped up from his chair pulling on his mask as I switched off the auto pilot gently setting the quinjet down in the overgrown field.
I carefully opened the gun case, lifting out my baby checking down the scope before slipping it across my back, the stone tucked safely into my breast pocket. The compound was a couple miles North from our current location but even here I felt the slight tug of the soul bond. Bucky and Peter were out there somewhere in the darkness

Wilson pushed my bike down the ramp for me as I pulled on the ridiculous pink mask "So what's the plan Bunny?"

"I am going to walk in the front door."

Don't Forget to Drop a comment*