Chapter 27 - Murder Bunny

I stood in the alley beside my apartment building in Queens staring up at my window five floors up. Fury must have called SHIELD because several suspicious cars were parked in front of the building forcing me to break into my own apartment.

Fuck! A long sigh escaped my lips as I glared at the window high above me. The fire escape ladder was rusted through making it impossible to put weight on which meant I was going to have to go to extremes. Crouching low I jumped straight up grasping the grate of the second floor fire escape. Thanks to my superhuman strength I quickly pulled my body up onto the escape climbing the stairs up to my apartment.

My window was unlocked as always, a foresight in case Peter needed to drop by as Spiderman. I slipped into my apartment relaxing a bit from the familiar environment of the cozy place. That was until I saw the state of my living room.

I had to bite down on my lip to keep from exploding with rage. WTF! WHat the actual fuck! God damn it! My fucking apartment!

My beautiful apartment was destroyed, my broken couch had been slashed apart. Every drawer and cabinet in the small kitchen had been ripped open and the contents lay smashed all over the floor. From what I could see through the broken door to my bedroom it didn't look much better. Please tell me they hadn't gotten into the good stuff.

My boot crunched on the broken glass as I shuffled into my open kitchen. A pout pulled at my bottom lip as I saw my bottles of good whiskey smashed on the floor and the amber liquor spilled over the floor. My whiskey, my delicious whiskey. Breaking my whiskey went on the list of things I was going to carve into Victor's spleen.

Something caught my eye as I paused in the entrance of the kitchen staring at the wall. Spray painted on the wall beside the window was a huge white hand. Pinned in the center with a knife was the picture of Victor, Logan and me. I ripped the picture down, staring distastefully at our smiling faces. The good old days. Turning it over I glared at the message scribbled on the back.

'Family reunion where it all ended don't take to long sis I wouldn't want to hurt precious Peter ' - V

With a snarl I crumpled the picture in my hand as my veins lit up. If Victor wants a family reunion then a family reunion he will get.

Storming into my bedroom I shoved the heavy oak dresser from in front of a vent. Carefully reaching inside I removed a long case and a box laying them out on the bed brushing off the thin layer of dust. My hand lovingly ran across the case I used to keep in the storage unit but after Peter and May moved in I moved it to the vent just in case.

Opening the box I picked up the old flip phone powering it on. Inside there were only two numbers saved in the contacts. X and DP.

Tapping on X I waited as it rang.

"Hello?"

A small smile tugged the corner of my lips at an old friend's voice "Hey professor how are the kids?"

On the other end I could hear the Professor chuckle solemnly "Causing trouble just like you taught them. But that's not why you called."

I chewed on my lower lip glaring at the crumpled picture "Victor took Peter and one of my mates. I'm getting the band back together."

There was a long pause before the Professor responded "I see. When should we be expecting you?"

"A few hours. I'm in desperate need of a shower." Ending the call I sent a quick text to DP 'Wanna kill some people with me?💣💀👻 -Murder Bunny' God I love emojis you can say so much without words.

Tossing the phone on the bed I pulled out the brown leather jacket that Logan had gifted me the last time I saw him. His favorite jacket and he had just given it away even after what I told him I was going to do.

Stepping into the shower I let the hot water run down my body, washing away the blood and grime. Ashes from the fire swirled around the drain as I washed my hair and body.Drying myself off I pulled on a pair of black jeans and a green tank top tying my damp hair up in a messy bun. I was the reason that our family was broken, I was the reason that Victor was broken, and I was going to be the one to end it.

Pulling Logan's jacket on, I slowly unclip the locks on the case. Inside lay my baby, a sniper rifle. Running my hand along the barrel I lifted it out of its case resting it on my shoulder staring down the custom scope. This gun had survived so many wars and destruction over the years I had added to it making it a powerful weapon. It was a weapon of death, the tool of the Reaper. The case contains rows of bullets and several tranquilizers. I once had to use them against Logan, they were powerful enough to drop several elephants and an oversized lion. Deep down I prayed I would never be forced to use it again.

Suddenly I heard the front door's familiar creak. Loading the rifle I slowly advanced out of the bedroom. What I didn't expect was the rifle to be torn from my grip and get jumped on.

Jenna! My brain instantly clicked at the familiar wavy hair that clouded my vision. Still in shock I hugged her back barring my face into her neck.

Jenna pulled away only from Match to give me a bear hug when we broke apart Jenna levitated my gun into my outstretched hand. That's when I noticed the bat she was holding, raising a questioning eyebrow at it.

"What's with the bat?" I questioned

Jenna giggled, hiding the bat behind her. "We heard a noise and thought that the guys who broke in earlier were back."

I quickly assessed their injuries, Match had a dark bruise that covered half his face and a bandage was wrapped around his arm. Jenna's shoulder was in a brace and she had a limp.

"I am so sorry that you were dragged into this." I muttered nervously shifting from foot to foot "I should have been there I should have stopped him. And now he's taken Peter because I wasn't there."

"Layla..." Match smiled sympathetically " If you hadn't showed up when you did Jenna and I would have died with the Nightingale. You saved our lives. You are going to get Peter back because you are a hero."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes, I am no hero if anything I'm the villain. A killer that needs to be stopped. But it comes to I will drag Victor to hell with me if that's what it takes to stop him.

A long sigh escaped my lips. I hated this curse, the knowledge to know I would never rest but live forever without an end.

Walking back into my bedroom and placing the gun back into the case strapping it onto my back. As I walked out Jenna tossed me a familiar set of keys. "We got your bike back from the Fire Department under the blue tarp in the alley. Surprisingly the fire didn't damage it."

I smiled gratefully at my two friends "Thank you both for everything. I created an account for you two enough money to rebuild the bar and pay for medical bills with a little extra for you guys."

Match and Jenna wrapped me in one hug before I climbed back out the window and jumped into the alley. Finding my beautiful baby I revved the engine shooting out of the alley weaving between cars toward a school for extraordinary people.

To save Bucky and Peter, to protect Steve, May, Tony, Bruce and everyone else I would become an Angel of Death to those who would threaten my family. I would be the Reaper again.

*Don't Forget to Comment*

A/N: How is everyone liking it so far?

The next chapter will introduce the man everyone has been waiting for. Who? Well I guess you'll just have to wait and see...;)