Mag-usap Tayo I - (Grace x Mar)

Set after the 2016 elections and the results came out.

Author's Note:
May errors kasi hindi ako perfect emz. Pls be nice this is my first time writing after a long time. Feel free to drop requests and I'll try my best to write them!!

_____

"Grace, mag-usap tayo. I will adjust schedules to your convenience. Sabihin mo lang kung saan at darating ako," Those same words kept on echoing inside her mind even if it had been days and the elections were now finished. They both lost to Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, who garnered sixteen million votes, and she just conceded to the Mayor earlier through a press conference.

Grace sat quietly in her office in the campaign headquarters. She sat on her office chair as her mind wanders what could've happened if she had decided to talk with Mar for unity. Was her decision of rejecting his offer or his call for unity wrong? Was she wrong for fighting him? She worries for what tomorrow may bring, not just for herself but for the country but she knows she did what she could in her best interest.

Aside from that she was sad that things didn't turn out the way she wanted and become the president for her dad and the people; she was getting deja vu from the words Mar spoke at the press conference because those were the same words that he said to her when she found out the news that shattered her heart.

Flashback...

February 1993

Grace arrived at Mar's house at six o clock straight out of work. She knew he was home because his car was parked inside the gates but what was odd was there was another car parked inside. Mar didn't mention having any visitors today. She opened the door to his house and was met with an argument from a distance.

She could hear Mar's voice and a woman's voice, and he was arguing with her. Grace followed the sound, getting louder and clear the more she approached. It was coming from his home office.

She stopped in front of the closed door and decided to eavesdrop on the conversation, which she wished she didn't.

"Mar, buntis ako! Alam ko at alam mong Ikaw ang ama nito." It was Maricar, Mar's ex-girlfriend. Grace recognized the voice because she's had a few encounters with her back when she was newly dating Mar. Grace could feel her knees weaken by the words she heard.

"Paano ka nakakasiguradong ako ang ama ng batang 'yan?" She heard Mar say still couldn't believe what what happening behind the door

"Six weeks. That is also the number of weeks since something happened between us noong sabi mo nag-break kayo." She mumbled in between her quiet cries. "I never meant to be this way, Mar."

"W-Wala ka bang boyfriend maliban sa akin?"

"Wala!" Maricar burst, " Si Grace...paano kapag nalaman niya ito? Mahal ko siya at alam kong hindi ako mapapatawad ni Grace." Grace tried to muster all her courage as her tears were streaming. She couldn't believe Mar got his ex pregnant when they were on a break.

"Kung hindi mo kayang akuin ito...Ipapalaglag ko na lang an-"

"No!" He stopped her, "Don't. Huwag mong tangkain pang gawin yan-"

Grace was panting, and her head was spinning as she opened the door to face the two arguing. She wiped her tears, trying so hard to compose herself to confront the two. When the door opened, they both looked at her, and they both looked shocked. Grace looked at Maricar. "Buntis ka?" her voice broke, and Maricar avoided her gaze.

"Grace...anong ginagawa mo dito?" Mar asked and went to her, but she pushed him away and slapped him on the face twice. Mar was trying to calm her down and keep her away from Maricar, but she was hurt and fuming.