Lost - (Grace x Mar)

Summary: Sad.

________

The day was exhausting for both of them, but for her more so than for him. Her mother's death anniversary was fast approaching, so he was certain it would be. Mar knows this day is Grace's dark day. Mar had contemplated the situation and was prepared to offer her support and love. Constantly keeping a close watch on her, including texting Risa, Leni, and her chief of staff to see if anything happens to her at work so that he would know when to come to her rescue.

However, he also knew how to give her space. He made a concerted effort to refrain from harassing her with calls and text messages of consolation, as well as from going to her office to see her.

As a result of him becoming a private individual, he was now afforded a fair amount of scheduling leeway, which was very fortunate for him. Because the mere thought of Grace having an emotional breakdown in the middle of her work caused him to feel a wave of unease that spread throughout his entire body so a flexible schedule is ideal if ever she may need him.

But he understands that this is just a part of the journey. And he couldn't blame her. She and her mother had a special bond following her father's death, when she was compelled to return to her hometown and live with her mother. Her mom was her biggest ally, as she always says in her interviews, and without her, Mar knew she lost more than a mom; she lost her inspiration, her role model, and her moral compass.

A year ago, Grace had to deal with a lot of hardships. And he is unable to even begin to enumerate the struggles that she had to overcome. But he made sure that he was there by her side the entire time, devoting himself entirely to her well-being.

And some part of him worries that their relationship is becoming too overwhelming for her? Overwhelming being that she has work responsibilities but needs to balance her time for their relationship and time to heal herself from the pain of her loss. It made him overthink that she might still be with him because she didn't want to hurt him and lose one of her strongest supporters. Fearing that just because he put a ring on her finger two years ago, their future together is secured. He was worried she would wake up and break their relationship off, not seeing it in the same light that he does, and certainly not after everything she's been through, realizing she needs more than an hour of space he's providing-

Despite all of this, she is still there, proving his worries wrong.

When he arrived at the workplace to pick her up, he was greeted with a beaming smile and the sight of her waiting for him inside.

"How's your day, Hon," he asked over the rim of his glasses.

Her chin rests on her palm as she leans forward.

He tries to resist, but he is doomed from the start.

"Tara na ba?" he sighs, waiting for her to fix her things so they could leave, but instead, she leaned back on her chair and smirked at him.

"Take your glasses off." She spoke with a raspy tone, as if she was seeking to manipulate him.

He can watch her rise over the rims while he holds on to the glasses that are halfway off of his face.

"Only if you let your hair down," he responds slyly.

She puckers her lips and bites down on her bottom lip as she pulls her ponytail out of her hair and playfully throws it at Mar's glasses, which fall out of his hands as if he had just been whipped.

He starts to loosen his tie. She starts to unbutton her shirt.

He doesn't even know how they got home. her giggle It was a whirlwind of sensations-her pecking at his cheeks; him grabbing her rear end, her fingers intertwined with this; the warmth of her smile and the sound of her laughs; his passionate songbird singing; her giggles as he chased her into the house, his leap onto the bed, which made him feel like he was free falling-he was in love.