His Son - (Grace x Mar)

Author's Note: This is the continuation of Reminders of Him. I've had this in my draft for a while. Baka magkaroon pa ito ng other parts so watch out.

Happy Reading!

________

Mar was in a gathering with a few of his friends, drinking on the minibar. He took a sip of his scotch as thousands of thoughts circled his mind, especially when he met Grace's son about a month ago. There was something familiar with the kid because the moment he met him, he felt so light, and it was like he could see his brother, even himself, in the kid.

His thoughts rushed back to the possibility that Brian could be his. Could it be that Brian was conceived the summer Grace graduated, and they broke up?

He stood up from his seat and approached Bongbong since he was one of the only male colleagues that Grace was very much close too, and he was his good friend, Leni's husband, so they had a good relationship.

"Bong, can I talk to you?" He approached Bong, who was talking with their other colleagues.

"Sure, pare." Bong stood up and followed Mar outside. He furrowed his eyebrows since Mar had to lead him outside, so the conversation must be serious.

"Mukhang seryoso 'to ah. Ano ba yung itatanong mo?" Bong said trying to lighten up the mood.

"Bong, curious kasi ako sa anak ni Senator Poe. I didn't know she had a son pala." Mar asked, trying not to seem obvious with his goals, but Bong had a hunch as to where the conversation was going.

"Brian, my inaanak. The only son ni Grace. Napaka-bait ng batang yon, masipag at matalino rin. Graduated his masters sa US. Parang mommy at lola niya ang batang 'yon. Lumaki siya sa US pero very humble kaya kapag may relief operations lagi din siyang nasa ground. " Bong answered and Mar could see how genuine Bongbong was in telling him information about Brian.

"May nakwento ba si Grace tungkol sa tatay ni Brian?" Mar asked, not caring if it was too personal. He needed answers.

Bong knew it would lead to this question, and he was prepared. It was not his position to tell, and he would not betray Grace in any way.

"Hindi namin pinag-uusapan ni Grace 'yon or ni Brian kapag pumupunta sila sa bahay for gatherings. They're contented with just the two of them. Brian has also said that his mom is enough for him." Bong replied, hoping it was enough to get him out of the conversation.

"Bakit nga pala, Mar? Makikipagbalikan ka ba sa bunso namin?" Bong joked, it had been a long-time running joke that Grace was their youngest sister, and they just went with it even if proof denied it.

"Wala natanong ko lang, unang beses ko kasing nakilala yung anak niya kahit matagal-tagal na siya sa Pilipinas." Mar said which was the truth he only knew of Brian when they met during SONA. He didn't even knew she has a son even if they were in the political world for so long.

"Thank you, Bong." He said and smiled at Bong, and they both went inside. He was unconvinced by Bongbong's answer because surely Bongbong would know something about Grace. Still, he would understand that it would be to protect her. He knew there was something special about her son, but he couldn't point it out.

He's had a few shots to boost his confidence and went to Grace's house in hopes of getting the answer to his questions. He needed answers.

He drove his car, and after a few minutes, he pulled in front of her house in San Juan and started knocking on the door.

"Grace, are you home?" He called out, and a few minutes later, the gate opened, revealing Grace, wearing a pink robe and looking like she was about to head to bed.