Bracelet - (Grace x Mar)

Author's Note:
Will be focusing on GraMar na lang. Again purely fictional ito. Grammatical errors ahead.

Summary: Grace was asked about her bracelet on Magandang Buhay

---

"Senator, marami po ang nakakapansin sa bracelet na lagi niyo pong suot." Jolina started to ask, and a sudden nervous feeling started in Grace's stomach. She looked at the gold bracelet with a sun charm on her wrist.

"Marami pong nagsasabi na hindi niyo daw po hinuhubad yang bracelet na iyan mula sa pagkakasuot niyo po. May instances din po na makikita kayong hinahawakan yung bracelet kapag nasa stressful situations po kayo." Jolina continued as flashes of pictures of Grace appeared on the screen. She smiled, trying to hide the nervous feeling and anxiety building up.

"Ano po ang story behind the bracelet? May kwento po ba?" Melai asked politely. It took one question for the memories to be triggered and came rushing back like a flood inside her mind.

"Ah, yes. Grabe nakapa-observant na ng mga tao which is a good trait. Pero ayun nga, this bracelet is really important to me because of the sentimental value, kasi, the person who gifted this ten years ago, is special to me." She said fondly, remembering Mar.

"Matagal na po pala sa inyo yan, Senator. Pwede po malaman kung sino itong special person? Admirer niyo po ba?" Melai's question sparked a reaction from the crowd. They were all intrigued if the senator is back in the dating game.

"Ay, hindi ko pwedeng sabihin kasi sikreto lang namin yun pero sabihin na lang natin that it was from someone really special to me." She answered jokingly, hoping it was enough to move them to another topic.

"Talagang si Mamshie Grace ay ayaw magbigay ng pangalan basta someone special. Pero bakit hindi niyo po siya hinuhubad, Mamshie Grace?" Melai followed.

"Kasi when it was given to me sabi niya, nung nagbigay, na naalala daw niya ako nung unang beses niyang nakita yung bracelet and kailangan niya daw bilhin. Sabi niya pa kapag suot ko daw, parang kasama ko siya even if we are so far apart. Ayun, kapag suot ko it feels like may extra strength ako lagi." She told the exact thing that Mar said to her 10 years ago.

"Aww, nakakatouch naman po yon parang kinikilig tuloy ako kahit hindi natin alam kung sino siya." Melai said and Grace chuckled.

"Ano po ang meaning kasi kung makikita niyo po may araw, at may parang sulat po." Jolina said as the camera zoomed on Grace's wrist, which she raised to show the bracelet more. There was no going back this time. She was trying her best not to look or sound nervous because the meaning of the charm and the bracelet itself was between her and him.

"The sun wala cute lang siya tyaka the sun symbolizes hope. The scribbling is initials ko lang." She said, not fully disclosing the meaning of the sun charm.

"Napaka-thoughtful na gift naman po kaya hindi niyo pala mahubad." Jolina said, making the audience awe even if they had no idea who the person behind the bracelet was.

"Mamshie Grace tutal light po tayo dito. Open po ba kayo na magmahal ulit? Bukas pa po ang puso ninyo?" She smiled and looked at the hosts who were anticipating an answer. She giggled softly before answering, "Hindi naman tayo sarado sa ideyang magmahal ulit. I'm never closing the doors to the possibility pero malabo siguro tyaka masaya naman tayo sa buhay natin ngayon."

The mamshies were ecstatic with the answer they received. "Ayan, open ang ating Mamshie sa possibilities. Narinig niyo yan una dito sa Magandang Buhay" Melai joked which sparked laughter from Grace.

"Pero naniniwala kasi ako na you can love more than one person in a lifetime, hindi sa sinasabi kong sabay mo silang mahalin kasi mahirap yon. Kapag hindi pala siya ang taong para sa iyo, mayroon at mayroong tao somewhere out there na para sa iyo. Tyaka wala namang pinilipi ang pagmamahal." Grace said as the mamshies listened to her.

"Same po tayo, Mamshie Grace. Naniniwala din po ako na you can love more than one person in a lifetime. Kaya sa mga viewers natin, you can still find love. Hindi pa huli ang lahat." Jolina said.

After the interview, Grace rode her white van home. She looked down at the bracelet on her wrist and reminisced.

10 years ago...

"Amin na yung wrist mo, hon," Mar said to Grace as they watched a movie in her house.

"Bakit?" Grace did what she was told and extended her wrist to him. He took out a gold bracelet with a sun charm on it.

"Hon, ano to? Hindi naman natin anniversary." Grace asked as she stared at the bracelet being put on her wrist.

"Nakita ko, and I knew I had to buy it. It reminded me of you." Mar said and looked at Grace with so much love and adoration in his eyes.

"Ang ganda!" Grace exclaimed and smiled.

"The charm is included, and alam bagay siya sa iyo." He said, and Grace caressed the charms.

"The sun symbolizes how you gave light and life into my life ever since I met you. Yung mga sulat is our initials in Baybayin." Mar explained thoughtfully, and Grace was in awe at how much the bracelet had so much meaning to it.

"Maraming salamat, hon. I love it so much." Grace leaned in to give Mar a sweet kiss.

"It suits you. Bagay na bagay, parang ginawa siya para lang sa iyo." He complimented.

"I want you to wear it all the time para kasama mo pa rin ako kahit magka-layo tayo." He said and caressed her face.

"Mahal na mahal kita, Grace." Mar whispered before placing kisses on her forehead, nose, and lips.

End of Flashback

Grace didn't know it was a parting gift because an issue broke out, and they had to break up in order to protect themselves and the people around them.

Grace didn't notice that a tear escaped her eye as she reminisced about the past. She can't believe that even if years have passed, the pain could still be felt as if everything happened yesterday.

She never moved on from him because he was all the three types of love in one for her. With him, she felt like she was living in a fairytale. She felt all the pain and hurt she didn't know she could feel with him. But with him, she still felt at home, loved, cared and comforted even if he didn't stay. It didn't help that she could see him in Congress every time there was a joint session, for he was elected as the Congressman of Iloilo. Seeing him would always bring back all the memories they shared, both happy and painful, but she let it all remain because every memory feels like a moment spent with him all over again. Behind the tough, no-nonsense senator in polished clothes was a woman who couldn't move on from the greatest love of her life.

She wiped the tear away as she arrived at her home. She went straight to her kitchen, grabbed a white wine bottle, and sat on her veranda. She looked at the bracelet still on her wrist as her tears started to form once again.

----
💛🤍

Author's Note:
Mahilig lang talaga tayo sa malungkot na plot at feel na feel ko silang paghiwalayin talaga. Thank you for the reads and support.