His Son III (Grace x Mar)

Author's Note: Malakas kayo sa akin eh. This is the last part and maybe last update bc I will be busy again. Long chapter ahead. Enjoy reading!

_______

The girls were having brunch in Leni's backyard as part of their usual get-together. Grace was deep in her thoughts, which did not go unnoticed by Nancy, Leni, and Risa.

"Mare ang lalim ata ng iniisip mo." Leni gently nudged her, and Risa nodded in agreement. "Is this about him?" Risa asked, and they all knew who she was pertaining to.

"Yeah, the past few months were okay between us, and his relationship with our son is going great. I think his next goal ay to get me back." Grace told them, and the two did not look surprised at what she had just said.

"Grace, hindi na bago kung gustuhin mang makipagbalikan ni Mar sa'yo." Risa sipped her tea and Leni nodded as she took a bite of her food.

"Paano niyo nalaman? What if nadala lang siya because we have a son?" Grace retorted. Leni rolled her eyes.

"Grace, hindi na bata yung anak niyo. Anong sinsabi mong nadala lang?" Nancy laughed.

"We almost kissed two weeks ago." Grace shared, "But I moved away before he could even kiss me." 

"Kiss na yon oh!" Nancy teased.

"Mars, nasa iisang partido lang kami at best friend siya ng late husband ko. Alam ko na mula noon hanggang ngayon walang ibang gusto si Mar kundi ang makabalik sa'yo." Leni pointed out.

"Ang tanong lang dito ay kung handa ka ba na tanggapin siya ulit?" Risa finally asked.

"Alam niyo naman yung sagot diyan." Grace replied but they all looked unconvinced.

"Pero nauunahan ka ng takot mo?" Leni asked.

"Not everyone is given second chances, Grace. Think this through, but whatever your decision is, nandito lang kami, and we will understand." Leni assured her, and Grace smiled.

_______

Grace was busy reading her David Baldacchi book and trying to relax and make the most out of the peaceful evening. A few pages into her book, she heard a guitar and someone singing outside her house. Out of curiosity as to whom it was, she grabbed her robe and went downstairs to see her helpers being all "kilig". So it was coming from outside her house.

"Judith, anong meron? Baka isa na naman iyan sa mga manliligaw mo anong oras na ha." She told Judith who was listening dreamily to the singing. Judith looked as her in her dreamy state and grinned.

"Sana nga po, ma'am. Sumilip na lang po kayo sa backyard." Judith said and squealed lightly. Grace walked into her backyard and was ready to make the singing stopped. But when she stepped outside, she was met with a sight that made her forget all her dialogue. The sky was full of stars, and the moon lit the skies. The cold air welcomed her as she walked further to the backyard to where the sound was coming from. There stood Mar singing with Brian playing guitar beside him, smiling at her. He was wearing a blue polo shirt and denim pants while holding a bouquet of white roses; behind him was a backdrop with tennis balls spelling out the word "I love you."

There I was, an empty piece of a shell

Just minding my own world

Without even knowing what love and life were all about

Mar was a little out of tune, probably due to his nervousness because it had been years since he had done something like this. But he was determined more than ever to win her back and complete his family.

Then you came

You brought me out of the shell

You gave the world to me