Babysitting I - (Grace x Mar)

An: It's been a while! I'm back indefinitely bc I've been busy but here's a cute fic for now.

Do not share screenshots of the story across different platforms. What's in Wattpad stays in Wattpad. 

Happy Reading!!

Summary: No one is available to babysit Jill except for two.

_________

Leni's schedule was full, starting from morning until late at night the next day. She had no choice but to call her friends to babysit Jillian for the day, as there was no one to look after her.

After going through her contacts and calling her close friends, she was down to two. Most of her friends also had their own schedules, so she crossed her fingers, hoping Grace and Mar were both available.

Leni dialed Grace, and the other woman immediately answered the call.

"Hi Lens, napatawag ka. Do you need something?" Leni felt shy because Grace knew that her call was to ask for a favor.

"Nahihiya ako pero I want to ask libre ka ba bukas? Puno kasi and schedule ko bukas hanggang alanganing oras ng gabi at walang magbabantay kay Jill..." Leni trailed off and Grace immediately understood.

"You're looking for someone to look after my inaanak?" Grace said on the other line.

"Kung okay lang sana kasi wala na talaga akong matawagan para magbantay kay Jill. Baka madaling araw na ako makauwi." Leni explained and without any hesitation Grace agreed.

"Free ako when it comes to my inaanak. Don't worry, Lens, I got this covered. Wala naman akong meetings bukas." Leni released a sigh and whispered a quick thanks to the heavens.

"Thank you, Grace. I owe you big time." Leni said, and Grace chuckled.

"Ano ka ba? Inaanak ko si Jill at kumare kita. I'll be glad to spend the whole day with Jill. Napaka-daldal niyang bata, masarap kausap." Grace recalled the last time she spent with Jill, and the girl kept asking questions and rambling about her latest cartoon obsession.

"Thank you ulit, Grace. I'll still treat you to dinner when I come back. Isesend ko na lang sayo ang oras at lahat ng needs ni Jill." Leni said before hanging up the phone.

Although Leni found someone to watch Jill, she is still hesitant to leave her daughter. It's not that Grace is irresponsible, but Grace can be the spoiling type when it comes to Jill. Grace would agree and give Jillian everything she would ask for, and it will not end well.

Leni finally decides to text Mar to ensure that things will be balanced out and Jill won't take advantage of her Tita Grace.

She knew it was going to be awkward between the two because of the weird relationship they had or still have (she was not really sure). This could be the opportunity for the two to talk and, at the same time, take care of Jill. It was like hitting two birds with one stone.

________

The next day came, and Leni was prepared to leave early. She double-checked if she had forgotten anything from her bag, Jill's activities, Jill's schedules, and Jill's breakfast. Everything is ready. She's only waiting for Grace and Mar to arrive.

A few minutes later, Leni heard a knock on the door. She opened the door to see Grace. Of course, she was the first to arrive. Grace wore a white blouse and leggings, comfortable attire for the day she was about to have with Jillian.

"Tita Grace!" Jillian rushed to her Tita and gave her a big hug, and Grace almost fell backwards.

"Hi, sweetheart. How have you been?" Grace placed a soft kiss on the top of Jill's head. Leni smiled at the sight because she knew Grace was definitely Jill's favorite.