Sunrise - (Grace x Mar)

Summary: Mar decided to invite Grace to La Union just to have a closure and bid their goodbyes to one another. Set in 2028 where Grace won the presidency.

________

La Union is one of the famous places to take a vacation. Through the years, many establishments and businesses were built in the area. Mar chose La Union because it has sentimental value not just for him but for her.

His family owns a vacation home on a beach, and Mar is out for a stroll. The sun was setting over the horizon, and the waves were calm. He savored the tranquility of the scene and felt at ease for the first time in a long time. He pulled up his slacks and sat down on the beach. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, taking in the sensation of the cool air on his face. But when he remembered that this was the last day, their last day, his smile grew a little less bright.

Last night, he called her and told her he'd be waiting for her here. She was really in La Union for the campaign. She told him she couldn't go because of the campaign, but he told her he'd wait and told her to come for the last time. He told her that he'd wait for her until the next day came.

"Kahit na nagiging kilala na ang La Union hindi pa rin nawawala yung calming ambiance. If I could stay here, I would." A voice said, but he didn't need to turn around to identify the person.

She was standing around three meters away from him. The sea breeze blew the free hair strands from her ponytail as she wore her trademark white polo, denim leggings, and flats. She had that melancholy smile, and her eyes were drenched with tears. She was prepared. Accepting the will of the universe is not an issue for me. Be prepared for the pain that today may bring.

He smiled widely because he thought she wouldn't come as she said on the phone last night.

His gaze is drawn to hers, and he gently pats the empty spot beside him. She didn't need to be told twice, so she took off her flats, rolled up her jeans to her knees, and sat down next to him. Her head rested on his shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around her waist as they watched the sunset over the water.

"Ganito nalang tayo magdamag?" Grace asked, then looked at him.

"Hindi, actually nakahanda na yung van para itakbo tayo. Itatakas kita palabas ng bansa." Mar joke, as she glared at him, made him chuckle.

"Of course, I wouldn't do that. 2 days nalang president ka na. And I don't want you to regret it if we run away. " Mar said, she sighed, and silence crept in. Mar stood up.

"Let's take a walk." He said and helped her get up.

"Alam mo-" before he could finish Grace spoke.

"Hindi pa," Grace snickered and Mar jokingly glared at her.

"This place never fails to comfort me. Kapag nandito ako everything feels right, and everything feels in place. " He told her, which made her look at him with sadness. He stopped walking, and so did she.

"How does this place comfort the great Mar Roxas?"

"This is how I do it." He let go of her hand and walked to the waters. He opened his mouth and shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Uy!" Grace stopped him by putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Wala ka bang nabubulabog kapag sumisigaw ka?" She asked, concerned that there might be people lurking around and seeing or hearing them.

"Wala namang sumusugod sakin." He answered and laughed.

"One more." He said, Grace was stopping him.

"Tama na!" She said with an embarrassed look on her face.