➳58

I guess I lost my mind~

King Kwangsun pushed her into her big room inside the castle said, "You will not come out of your room unless I say you to

King Kwangsun pushed her into her big room inside the castle said, "You will not come out of your room unless I say you to. And it's my order" before exiting her room and locking the door. He set two guards outside her room to keep an eye on her. Kiara banged her door and shouted, "DAD!! DAD!! PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!! THEY ARE MY FRIENDS!! DON'T HARM THEM!!"

It was of no use. Her father was very strict and he would not listen to her single word. She sat down on the floor and began to think that it was her fault to bring her friends here inspite of knowing the consequences.

On the other hand, the humans who were now merpeople, were brought to the dark, mossy, stinky prison. All of them were put into a prison cell as repeated shouts came out of their mouths. Jeno and Jaemin held the poles of the cell while the guard was locking the door. "Hey! Let us go! We didn't do anything wrong!!!", Jaemin said.

"Shut up, you disgusting human!", another guard commanded.

"Please let us go. We promise we will go back to the land. We will never come here", Yumi requested.

"You think we will trust humans?", the middle-aged merman let out a laugh.

"Yes. Yes. Please. We are not bad people", Jisung innocently said.

"There is no guarantee that you people will not tell everything about us to the rest of the world once we let you go."

"Oh c'mon your own princess brought us here!!! That means she trusts us", Haechan raged in anger.

"Exactly. She is really so innocent. How could she trust human beings? You are those filthy creatures who is destroying the nature day by day. You are all very selfish and hurting our mother earth only for your own benefits."

"Not all human beings are bad", Mark spoke up after being quiet for too long. "There are still people who love nature, who try to protect our earth. Can you say that there is no bad mermaid or merman here? You can't because with good, there comes bad. And it's a universal truth."

After a long pause, the guard said, "Yah! Stop your lecture! We don't need it. Moreover, this is your last night-"

"Wait. Last night? What do you mean?", the Chinese asked in confusion.

"You all are sentenced to death. You will be hung tomorrow. And it's King's order."

All of them gasped. "WHAT?!?!", Yumi exclaimed.

"No way I'm gonna be dead. I'm really going to end up single." Haechan fell on his knees.

"What the fuck! Haechan, we all will be dying and you are concerned about being single?", Renjun asked. He grabbed his friend's shoulders. "Haechan, we will be dying!!! What about our parents?" The shorter guy bursted into tears.

"Yumi. I'm scared", Jisung said as the older girl hugged him to comfort the boy.

"We shouldn't have come here", Jeno said while shaking his head.