As the sky turns to black, Solomon, Kelsey, and Kevin decide to stay together for the night, in case they get attacked. Solomon manages to start a fire and cooks some of the food that he had from hunting earlier in the day.
     Unfortunatly, because Kelsey had her resources taken by Caleb, they did not have enough to make a tent for her.
     Solomon makes his tent, and goes inside to sleep. On the opposite side, Kevin finishes his tent as well. But before going in, he notices Kelsey staying next to the fire to prevent herself from being cold. She tried to find a way to lay down comfortably, but she could not find a way, and ended up getting frustrated and giving up, simply lying flat on the grass, and just stared at the sky.
     Kevin decides to approach her.
     "You can stay in my tent if you want", Kevin offered.
     Kelsey had thought instinctively to refuse, but rethought her circumstances.
     "Fine", she said, with a slight annoyed tone to her voice.
     "You don't have to if you don't want to-"
     "No. No. It's better than freezing to death out here, and a freaking log for a pillow."
     The two got into Kevin's tent, and Kelsey goes to the far end and lays down there, obviously more comfortable.
     Neither go to sleep. They stay up for while, and eventually, Kelsey gets back up and heads outside. Kevin, confused, follows her. Kelsey heads outside to a clearing in the trees next to Kevin's tent and lays down there, staring up at the clear, night sky.
     Kevin ends up doing the same. You could clearly make up stars, some planets, constellations....
     ....None of them they could recognize.
     "What is this place?", Kelsey says, quietly.
     "You think I know?", Kevin said back
     "Hey, what do you remember before we got here?"
     "I don't know, all I remember before this was being on the bus. And then...."
     "A white flash."
     "Yeah."
     "Wait, if we're all here, where's Mr. Jimbo?"
     Mr. Jimbo was their bus driver that day.
     "I don't know", Kevin replied. "As a matter of fact, where did half the kids go?"
     "I think they had already gotten off."
     "Isn't Keara normally first?"
     "Remember? The roads were blocked that day and we had to take a whole different route?"
     "Oh. Yeah. Forgot."
     "Yeah."
     "Hey, where's Caleb? Aren't y'all a district?"
     "He kept hogging all the stuff and then sent me away."
     "Let me guess, y'all argued."
     "We argued."
     "What about Emily?"
     "Huh?"
     "Aren't you and Emily a group?"
     "Oh, Emily decided to be a ***** and leave"
     "Hmph, why did WE get the trash partners."
     "I know right."
     Kelsey looked at Kevin for a second and looked back at the sky. "I'd like it better if WE were a district."
     Kevin looked at her, and Kelsey looked back, and the two made eye contact.
     At that moment, the moonlight shone on them. And for reasons they didn't understand themselves, they say up and their faces got closer together.
     "W-what are you doing?", Kelsey asked Kevin.
     "What are you doing?" Kevin asked back.
     And without even understanding why, the two kissed.
     When they had stopped both were obviously shaking.
     "T-that was...." Kelsey never finished her sentence. The two kissed again. Eventually Kelsey pulled him into their tent.
     Solomon moved his tent farther away and finally went to sleep.