Family

"Can I please stay outside for a bit tonight?" Dallas asked Lexie.
     "I'm still worried that one of these days you'll get yourself killed." Lexie told him.
     "I have more weapons to protect myself with now. Besides, you know me. It'll take a lot to kill me. Please?"
     "Why do you like going outsife anyways?"
     "Well, its night be cold, but at night, the world takes such a beautiful shape. The moonlight is gonna be blue today, and the stars are the most beautiful ever. It's calm, pretty, and it helps my mental state so...."
     Eventually, Lexie finally caved. "Fine. But only if I go with you."
     "That's fine with me." Dallas replied.
     With that, the two left the shack, with Dallas grabbing a blanket for Lexie in case she got cold. They left and went to an opening in the trees, and Dallas laid down in the grass. Lexie laid down next to them.
     Lexie was blown away. Dallas wasn't kidding. The night sky was....
     "Beautiful." Lexie said.
     "See?" Dallas asked.
     "I understand why you like it out here. This is....amazing."
     "Sometimes I wonder who made this place, and why they hold such a dark game in such a beautiful world."
     Lexie was a little taken aback by how deep Dallas got.
     He continued. "If all the dangers of this world were taken away, would this be paradise?"
     "Well, maybe, as long as you stay in it." Lexie said.
     The two turned toward each other. Dallas noticed that Lexie was blushing with those words. It wasn't long after the two kissed. Afterwards Dallas pulled Lexie up.
     "Come on." Dallas said to her. "I know a place by the river that looks amazing too."
     They walked through the forest, but they came across something.
     Something that Dallas hoped he'd never see.
     Mikayla was dead.
     With the endless grief of losing her brother, she couldn't take the pain anymore and threw herself off a cliff.
     Seeing her body, Dallas collapsed over her, hugging her corpse, and for the first time in a while, he cried. In her hand was a small piece of paper. He opened it. Inside was four words:
     I love you, Dallas.
     Dallas didn't want to move. He couldn't. But in her other hand, another small peice of paper, with a drawing of Ian's dead corpse. It appeared to have been wet, most likely by tears.
     Dallas soon knew what this meant. He got up, and ran. Lexie tried to keep up with him. He had recognized the area Mikayla had drawn, and found his way to Ian's corpse. It was still there, in the same place it was left. The body had been here for a few days.
     Once again Dallas collapsed into a crying mess. Lexie held him, trying to comfort him.
     "T-This is all my fault." Dallas barely managed to say.
     "No it's not your fault." Lexie assured him. "There wasn't wnything you could've-"
     "I shouldve been there with them! I should've been able to protect them! Instead I left them alone!"
     Lexie hugged him tighter. "It's ok. It's ok. I left my brothers too. You're not alone."
     "I-I...."
     Dallas was crying too hard to speak. Lexie kept holding him and did not let go. "Don't speak. It's allright."
     Dallas looked up at Lexie. "You wanna see your brothers?" he asked.
     "I know where they are. They aren't far. I told them where to go if they get in trouble."
     "You sure?"
     "Mhm. I just want you to be ok right now."
     Tears still ran down Dallas' face and the guilt hung over him pulling him to the floor. Lexie took him back home and tried her best to make him feel happy.
     Eventually she managed to make something work. By the end, Dallas felt better, and they both passed out.