Alex Morgan- Void

!TW Mentions of rape!

****

"Emmy! Please slow down baby!" I yell catching up to the fast 10 year old and grabbing her hand.

"Sorry, I'm just excited! We're at a USWNT game!" She exclaims excitedly.

"Yeah.." I say getting distracted by my thoughts.

I played for the USWNT for quite some time; I'd still play if it weren't for me leaving, but I had great reasons.

I was raped after the 2012 Olympics, which resulted in my pregnancy with Emma. I found out I was pregnant a month later and it was all too much, so I left.

I left behind family, friends, and my one true love.

I ended up going back to college when Emma was 4 to work on getting my M.D. and worked my way through internships and residency programs then eventually became the team doctor for UCLA Women's Soccer.

Emma begged me to bring her to this game because it was close to home and she wanted to see her inspirations in action, according to her.

"Mommy?"

"Yes baby?" I ask when we finally get to our seats which happen to be right behind the US players bench.

"How come you don't play for the USWNT anymore?" She asks as I put on sunglasses.

Shocked by her question I take time to really think about my answer. Do I even know the answer to that question?

"It's complicated Emmy. Let's talk about it later, the game is about to start."

****

The game goes by in a blur with the US winning. A few of the girls I played with are still here like Kelley, Tobin, Ali, Megan and a couple more from previous youth teams. You never realize how much you miss people until you see them again after 10 years.

I'm broken out of my trance by the announcer, "Ladies and gentleman! If you have a miniature USWNT pendant under your seat you have now received field access!" The announcer says.

"Mommy! I have one and so do you! Look!" This cannot be happening right now.

"I see that, how about you go on without me." I suggest as we head down to where they are letting people on the field, "I'll give someone else my pendant."

"Excuse me? Is it possible for her to go by herself?" I ask the worker letting people in.

"No, sorry ma'am. All minors must be accompanied by an adult." I sigh and nod as he waves us on the field.

"We aren't staying long." I say looking around the pitch, there's only about 10 other people.

"Omg! This is amazing!" Emma exclaims.

"Yeah, it is." I say taking off my sunglasses as it was getting darker. Emma goes off to talk to someone she knows from her soccer team.

I take this time to actually gaze around. It feels weird standing here but it feels right at the same time.

"Y-Y/N? Is that you?" My breath hitches, I turn to my left to see my best friend, Ali Krieger, staring at me wide eyed.

"Ali." I say nervously, she stares at me for a second before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Where have you been? It's been 10 years." She whispers in my ear.

" I know, I'm sorry." I say rubbing her back when I feel her tears soaking my shirt.

"Who is Kriegs hugging?" I hear the unmistakable voice of Kelley O'Hara.

Ali pulls back a bit to where I'm still in arms length and just looks at me as if she is trying to read me.