Should've Worn Your Coat- Preath

"Y/N! Put on a coat you're going to catch a cold!" Your Mama, Christen Press, says before you can run out the house.

"Mama, I'm wearing a coat," You whine motioning to your Portland Thorns hoodie.

"Y/N, that's a hoodie, not a coat, baby. Listen to your mother." You groan as your Mom, Tobin Heath, comes in the kitchen.

"But I don't like wearing coats, they are so uncomfortable and Mal is waiting for me," You argue.

"I bet your sister is wearing a coat," Christen deadpans and you roll your eyes, "Fineeee."

You make your way to the mudroom to grab the godforsaken item and shrug it on.

"See that wasn't so hard was it?" Tobin teases as she comes over to kiss your head.

You huff, "Can I go now?"

"Yes baby, you can go," Christen says as she walks you to the door, "Be safe babies, and Mal make sure she keeps her coat on!" She yells out.

"Okay Mama!" Mal pulls out the driveway and heads down the road.

"Didn't want to wear a coat again, huh?" She teases.

"Shut up."

"You do realize that we're at an outdoor mall and it's below freezing? Plus your hair is damp." Mal says as you take your coat off to leave it in the car.

"Yes, we're only going to be outside for a little bit, it's fine," You say.

"You're going to get sick," You shake your head no before walking towards the mall.

"Okay, but when you get sick don't say I didn't warn you."

****

You should have kept your coat on.

You felt fine the first few days after the trip to the mall, but when you woke up this morning to say you felt like shit was an understatement.

Getting out of bed you try to ignore the pressure you feel in your head as you head downstairs.

"You look like shit," Mal says from her place on the couch.

"Why are you here again?" You ask.

"You sound like shit too," She smirks.

You just roll your eyes," Where are moms?"

"On a run, they should be back soon." On cue Christen and Tobin come in through the back door and you go to the kitchen to meet them.

"Hey baby," Christen comes over to kiss your head and furrows her brows at how warm your forehead feels.

"You feeling okay?" This gets the attention of Tobin as she comes over and feels your forehead.

"Y/N, you're burning up."

"I'm fine moms," You say but your scratchy voice says otherwise.

"Mhm, back to bed, I'll bring you up some medicine," You don't argue because you genuinely don't feel good.

Once your in bed and have taken medicine you're out like a light.

The second time to you wake up it's due to coughing that makes your chest ache.

You groan as you get out of bed and head downstairs to where you think the rest of your family is.

"Hey baby, how do you feel?" Mom asks as you walk into the living room.

"Like shit," You rasp out placing your self in Christens lap.

"Language." She chastise.

"My head hurts," You whine shoving your face in Christens neck.

"Ok, Mom is getting you more medicine," She says rubbing your back.

"Here Y/N/N," You scrunch your nose up at the look of the liquid fever reducer.

"We don't have anymore pills?" Tobin shakes her head, "You took the last one earlier."

You sigh, downing the liquid with a grimace, "Gross."

You lay your head on Christens shoulder as she runs her fingers through your hair.

"You need to eat something, Y/N," She says kissing your head.

"Mama, I'm not hungry," You whine, "You haven't eaten anything today and you need more fluids in you as well,"

The thought of food makes your stomach turn slightly but you ignore it.

"Just something small like fruit," Tobin says trying to convince you.

"Fine." You agree.

She comes back later with a bowl of strawberries and apples.

You slowly eat the fruit ignoring the churning of your stomach.

Once you can't force anymore down you push the bowl away laying your head back on Christens shoulder.

"Here," Christen puts a straw against your lips and you whine.

"Just a little bit." She says and you sigh taking a few sips before turning your head back into her neck.

You swiftly fall back asleep as your engulfed by Christens warmth.

You are again woken up by coughing that caused your chest to ache.

"It's okay Y/N/N, breathe baby," Someone says as they rub your back.

You realize that you are now in Tobins arms as she looks at your concernedly.

"I feel worse." You croak out.

"I'm sorry baby," Tobin says.

"Where's Mama?" You asks getting comfortable in Tobins arms again.

"She and Mal went to the store to get stuff for soup." You nod.

"A hot shower might help open you up a bit." Tobin suggests.

"Can I use your shower? It's better ." She chuckles but nods, "Sure, by the time your done Mama and Mal should be back from the store."

She kisses your head before you get up.

****

"Mmmm, it smells good in here," Mal says coming into the kitchen.

You grumble about the fact that you can't smell the food due to be stuffy.

Mal snickers, "Should've kept your coat on." She says.

"Y/N! I told you you'd get catch a cold." Christen chastise.

You whine, "But I don't like them they are tight and constricting."

"Yes, but you still need to wear them. We don't live in LA anymore."

"Mama, I'm a Cali girl, I'm not supposed to get colds." You say.

She just sighs and shakes her head knowing that this is a losing battle with you. You get your stubbornness from Tobin.

"Was it worth it?" She asks.

You nod, "I didn't feel constricted for those 4 hours Mal dragged me around the mall."

"What am I gonna do with you?" She asks.

"Love me and take care of me when I'm sick?" You say giving her your award winning smile.

"I guess." She sighs and comes to kiss your forehead.

"Love you too Mama."

****

THE END!

Sorry I haven't been very active, I've been very busy with school.

I have a few drafts but request would be very much appreciated!!

<3