Stronger- Preath

!TW! Mentions of suicide, self harm, and use of drugs.

****

You were sitting in the principals office waiting for your parents arrival. You had gotten in trouble for fighting and you, and the other student were immediately escorted to the office.

When your parents arrive they give you as look as if to say 'what now?'

"Glad you both could get here on such short notice. Y/N here seems to not be able to get along with her peers, she got into a fight with another student."

Your parents look at you for an explanation but you direct your eyes to the floor.

"As you both know, we have a zero tolerance policy for violence, so I'm going to be suspending Y/N for two weeks," the principal says.

"Two weeks?! Are you kidding me?!" You ask incredulously.

"That's bu—" Christen cuts you off.

"Do not finish that sentence!" She says causing you to grumble in your seat.

You guys are in the car a short 10 minutes later and Christen is not holding back.

"This is the 3rd time this year that you've gotten in trouble, you need to get your shit together," she says angrily.

You just silently sit in the back staring out the window.

When you guys get home, you are quick to get out the car and rush to your room.

****

"Are you kidding? This is so unfair, I don't need to be babysat!" You exclaim.

Your mothers had just informed you that you would be going to camp with them. You hadn't gone to a national team camp with them since you were 14.

"Y/N, we cannot trust you. You've been getting high, fighting, your grades are slipping! We're not leaving you here alone just for you to get yourself into more trouble!" Christen yells.

"Not to mention you just got off of suspension." Tobin adds.

"Mom, oh my god. I smoked once! One time. And that kid had it coming, she's an asshole." You argue.

"Watch your mouth," Christen says.

"This is not up for debate. You're coming with us," Tobin says, effectively ending the conversation.

You groan and storm up to your room, slamming your door.

"Well, I feel like that could have gone worse." Tobin sighs.

****

"Y/N, let's go! We need to get on the road!" Christen yells up the stairs, looking at her watch.

"I'm coming, mom. Relax," you say coming down the stairs, suitcase in hand.

"Drop the attitude, please. We can make this a fun little family vacation." You give Tobin a look and roll your eyes, and head to the car.

This camp was in San Diego, so you guys were driving down from L.A.

"Mama, this isn't a 'family vacation' it's your work," you say, getting in the car.

"Well, yes but we can go sightseeing and try out new cafes. Come on, it'll be like old times!" She says, trying to get you excited about this.

You just sigh and put your AirPods in, putting your music on full blast.

"This is going to be a long two weeks." Christen sighs, putting on her seatbelt.

****

"Baby Press-Heath!" Emily shouts when you and your parents walk into the conference room.