Healing- Kelley O'Hara

Y/N's POV

I've had a bad feeling this whole camp and I'm not sure why, I just feel like something bad is going to happen.

"Tomorrow we are playing against Canada and that is going to be a very physical game! Make smart plays and smart tackles, we can't risk any red cards." Vlatko announces.

"You guys will get the starting line-up after dinner tonight." Vlatko says as he exits the locker room.

As I'm changing I feel arms wrap around my waist and I lean back into them.

"Hi," I whisper.

"Hey," She kisses my bare shoulder, "Can I help you?" I giggle.

"Just wanted to be close to you." She says and puts her forehead on my shoulder

"I need to put my shirt on now, Kel." She huffs but allows me to put my shirt on.

"Come on, let's go get our seat on the bus." I say grabbing my bag and her hand.

Once in our seats I put my head on her shoulder and let out a heavy sigh.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know, I just have a bad feeling about the game tomorrow." I say playing with the rings on my girlfriends fingers

She hums waiting for me to continue.

"I feel like someone is just going to get hurt."

"Well, I'll do my best to help you calm down before the game tomorrow." She says kissing my head and I nod.

****

"You good Y/N?" Christen asks.

"Hm?"

"You keep bouncing your knee, are you okay?"

"I just have a bad feeling." I mumble.

Kelley tried her best to calm me down last night, but all failed. I woke up early and just stared at the ceiling thinking about all the possibilities of what can happen, which is at least 83 different things.

"Maybe it's just because it's against Canada and you're nervous, I know I always get a bit nervous before Canada games." She tries to reassure but I shake my head.

"I'm gonna go warm-up and try to clear my head before the game."

I ran through some warm-ups before the others started trickling out and Kelley immediately came over to me.

"Chris told me you came out early to clear your head, did it work?"

"Yeah, a little. I'm less anxious and sort of glad I'm not starting."

"I'm glad you're feeling a bit better but you better scream your ass off for me." She playfully winks

"Hmm, I'll think about it."

Soon enough the starting XI line up and I give Kelley a quick kiss, "Be careful, please." She nods going back in for about her kiss, "I will."

As expected, the game is physical, sloppy tackles from both sides, which makes me start to worry again.

By halftime we're still tied at zero, meaning players will be more hungry for a goal, doing anything for that to happen.

We come out more sharper, creating more chances.

"Y/L/N! You're going in for Rapinoe! Press you for Lloyd! Warm up!" I gulp but quickly get moving.

"You got this." I nod as quickly stretch and jog up and down the sideline a bit.