Reunited- Preath

"Mommy we see mama soon?" You ask Christen as she ties your shoes.

"Soon baby. Four more days, okay?"

"Otay. Mama miss us?" Christen looks down at you and smiles.

"Yeah, baby. She misses us so much." She replies kissing your forehead.

Satisfied with those answers you hold your arms up for Christen to pick you up.

"Mommy can't pick you up remember? I have a boo boo." She reminds you.

You let out a huff but take the hand she held out for you and head off to the Angel City training facilities for Christens rehab.

****

Christen finished early and decided to take you to the practice fields to watch the remainder of practice.

You had been very whiny during Christens appointment. Intentionally testing her patiences, she was constantly having to tell you not do something you knew you weren't supposed to be doing.

When you guys get to the field, the team was on a water break. You run over to Ali and Vanessa, both of them being your favorites.

Christen let's you interact with her teammates while she talks to Sydney.

"How has she been adapting to not having Tobin around?" Sydney asks.

Christen sighs, "Not well. She's been acting out more. The only reason I brought her with me to PT was because she can't go to daycare for two days; she threw a chair at her classmate, got suspended."

"Wow. Did something set her off?" Sydney asks and Christen shrugs.

"She won't tell me, but I feel like it has something to do with missing Tobin. I keep reminding myself that she's only 3 and doesn't know how to express her emotions very well yet."

"Well, we're all here for you Press. If you need a break we can take her off your hands for a couple of hours." Sydney assures and Christen smiles.

"Thanks. I need to get Y/N/N home for her nap, I'll see you later."

Christen walks over to where you are playing with some toys from your backpack.

"Hey munchkin, it's time to go." You pretend you didn't hear and continue playing.

Christen takes a deep breath and tries a gentle approach again, "Y/N, mommy said it's time to leave, which means you need to put your toys away."

You huff but comply and put your toys back in your backpack. You again lift your arms up for Christen to pick you up.

"Honey, I can't pick you up but I can hold your hand." She offers but you are insistent that she carry you to the car.

"Mommy, up." You whine.

One of the coaches overhear Christen and offer to carry you to the car. Once you guys get home Christen puts you down for a nap and sits on the couch with a heavy sigh.

She pulls out her phone to FaceTime Tobin hoping she isn't at training still.

"Hey, babe. How has your day been? How's the munchkin?" Tobin asks as she picks up the line.

She seems to be in her apartment and Christen is thankful she didn't catch her at a bad time.

"It's been okay. Y/N/N is taking her nap right now, we just got back from my rehab appointment."

"Why just okay? Did you have a rough time at PT? Wait, why is Y/N not in daycare?" She asks.

"No, no. It was good. Y/N has been acting out more since you've left and I think it's because she misses you. I didn't want to worry you but it's been a little overwhelming." Christen rants.