We've Got You- Preath

!TW! Mentions of suicide!
****

Losing someone is never easy, but finding out that your person, whose been with you since day one, has been there for every high and low is gone, is something you never fully recover from.

You and Katie had been attached at the hip since the first day of kindergarten and have done everything together ever since.

Christen and Tobin didn't know how to break the news to their daughter.

They received the call a little over an hour ago, but haven't told you yet.

"Y/N's going to be so devastated," Christen whispers.

"I know, it doesn't seem real," Tobin says as she hands Christen a glass of water.

"What doesn't seem real?" You ask entering the living room.

Tobin and Christen look at each other before sighing a motioning for you to sit in between them.

"What's going on?" You ask nervously.

"Baby, I want you to know that Mama and I love you so so much and don't want to imagine a life without you." Christen starts.

"What happened?" You ask. You've had a bad feeling for a while now but couldn't really place what it was.

"Katie was found dead in her home last night," Tobin says moving to squat in front of you and hold your hands.

"W-what? We just talked last night she was supposed to come over today," Your voice breaks and your Y/E/C orbs fill with tears.

"We know baby, her parents called us a little while ago and told us." Christen says.

You just stare at the picture of you and Katie when you both were younger and times were easier that's hanging in the living room, tears streaming down your cheeks.

You sit there, recalling what you have learned to be the last phone call you'd have with your best friend, the last time you'd hear her sweet voice and contagious laugh.

She seemed like her usual bubbly self.

"What happened?" You finally ask, not knowing if you wanted to know the answer yourself.

"She overdosed," Christen whispers.

You all sit in silence, your mothers not knowing what to say, that is soon broken by a loud sob.

****

Sitting in between your parents in the second row to the right you stare at the casket that now holds the body of your best friend.

You haven't cried since the day you found out about Katie's death, which was about a week ago.

"And now Y/N, Katie's best friend will say a few words,"

"Want us to go up with you?" You nod and taking Tobins hand as she leads you to the front of the church.

Christen puts a hand on your back before you begin to speak.

You clear your throat before starting, "Uh hello, I'm Y/N, Katie's best friend. I don't really know how or what to say,"

"Katie was the most energetic and high-spirited person I've ever met. She had a way of lighting up the room as soon as she walked in and never failed to make me laugh,"

"She showed me how to be confident, take risks, and live life to the fullest and I will be forever grateful for that."

You collect your thoughts before continuing, "Katie helped through my hardest times and was there to celebrate my highest, and I don't know how I'm going to live in a world without her,"