Always Here- Alyssa Thompson

You and Alyssa started dating in your junior year of high school. You had been best friends for years and played on the same soccer team for just as long.

You've done everything together. You got drafted to Angel City together, got your first call up's together, made your first World Cup roster together. Everything.

As a congratulations for you both making the World Cup roster, Christen and Tobin took you guys out for a nice dinner.

"So, how are you guys feeling?" Christen asks with a smile.

"I don't know, it still doesn't feel real," Alyssa says.

"How about you, Y/N/N." As all the attention is turned to you, a blush forms on your face.

You were not the most outgoing person and tried to avoid the spotlight at all costs, which was funny considering you lived in the spotlight because of your job.

"I think I'm just happy to have been called up and be part of the environment, I know I won't get any playing time," you say with a shrug.

"Hey, don't be negative. You never know what could happen," Alyssa says grabbing your hand that was resting on top of the table.

"Alyssa is right, you can't go into the tournament thinking negatively. Go in with good vibes." Tobin smiles reassuringly.

The conversation moved along and lands on the topic of their podcast.

"We'd love to have you both on the show, separately of course. Or together if you'd like." Christen says.

Only family and close friends know about your relationship. You didn't have a desire to let the world in on your private life.

"Yeah that sounds like fun, I'd be okay doing it with Y/N/N if she's good with it." Alyssa says looking at you.

"Sure, I like podcasts." You shurg.

****

The tournament hadn't been going the way you or your teammates had wanted. After drawing with Portugal and then finding out that you'd be facing Sweden in the Round of 16, the team knew they couldn't afford to lose.

You need to win to advance.

And shockingly, you were starting in place of  Trinity, as she had picked up a slight cold and wasn't at full fitness.

Why? You had no idea, In your opinion he had better options to pick from like Lynn or Alyssa, but Vlatko thinks you'll be the driving force the team needs.

"You're gonna do great, babe. Just go out there and play like you usually do."

It was somehow leaked that you'd be starting and the feedback wasn't very positive.

"I've only ever started once before, what if I'm not ready?" You were spiraling and Alyssa could tell.

You had only been like this once before and that was in your Youth Camp days at the U-17 World Cup.

"Y/N, you wouldn't be here if the coaching staff didn't think you were ready. What everyone else thinks doesn't matter, you need to believe in yourself. That's the only way you're going to succeed." She tells you, pulling you into her arms.

You relax into her, letting her comfort distract you.

"I believe in you." She whispers, rubbing your back.

She pulls away and gives you a small smile, placing a kiss on your nose causing you to smile.

"Hand me your phone," she says holding her hand out.