Never Alone Part 5

"What is it?" Gray came over and snatched the flyer from Natsu's hands. "An escort service for a noble family's daughter across Fiore." "What's the reward?" Lucy asked placing the flyer on the table so everyone could see. "Eight million jewels!?" We all screamed staring at the large number. "Yes! Let's do it!" Lucy cheered. Her eyes were hounding the amount of 0's that were on the flyer. "Lucy, wants to get a beauty treatment so she's not so ugly." Happy whispered to Natsu and they both started cackling. "What did you say, cat?!" Lucy grabbed the flying feline and began stretching his face. Happy began crying saying he was sorry for saying the truth. "Let's get going then, shall we?" Erza stated crossing her arms. "Erza!" I screamed just now realizing her presence. Erza gave a confused look, staring at me. After a few moments she lept forward and hugged my head. "Whitey!" "Whitey?" Lucy was confused by Erza's sudden action. Everyone was only used to her acting like this around strawberry cake. I tried maneuvering the red heads arm so I could properly speak. "She was fascinated that my hair was white even though I'm not old. She liked Mira's hair too but they had a rivalry going on so she settled with me." Lucy's jaw slacked as it all made sense. "What are we waiting around here for? Let's go do this mission!" Natsu screamed as he had just came back handing in the flyer to Mira. Erza quickly released my head making me stumble backwards and fall while she crossed her arms stating, "Yes, we must hurry if we are to make any jewels from this."

"Why did we have to take a train?" Natsu's face was green as he leaned out the window, waiting for his large lunch to come back up. "You flame brain, you know he had to take one if we are to get to Caelum in time!" Gray yelled at the swaying pink head. Natsu went to retort but immediately went back to the window. Erza took a deep breath and punched Natsu in the stomach so he was knocked out for the rest of the ride. "Finally, some quiet." Lucy leaned her head against the wall of the train as she was nearest the window, across from the now knocked out Natsu. "You're telling me." Gray grumbled. He was on my left side, Lucy on my right, Natsu and Erza across from us. "You guys rest, I will wake you once we arrive. Then we have to take a ship and back track to Bosco." Erza ordered while stroking Natsu's head. This whole thing was interesting to say the least. But, I'm glad to finally have a family again. They will protect me and I will protect them. I am finally home. With that last peaceful thought, my eyes closed and my blackened vision son shifted and changed into colors than images, letting me know that I am now dreaming...at least that's what I hoped.

I opened my eyes and saw that everything was tinted green and murky. Wait, green and murky? That's when I saw the bubbles, I was in a tube filled with liquid and numerous wires attached. No, I'm here again. "Did you have to destroy her body that much?" "Oh c'mon, I was only having some fun. Besides, I get to have my fun with her later again." I knew those voices, I hoped to never have heard them again. "Morning, Succubus!" A strong fist collided with the glass tube.

The sudden slam startled not only my mind but my body as well, as my eyes shot open. I was taking deep breaths and cautiously looked around. I was still on the train, that's good. Erza was still petting Natsu's head, but he was now maneuvered in her lap. Her legs were crossed and the tip of her foot was touching mine. One of Natsu's arms was outstretched and gently touched the side of my leg. Happy was asleep as well, curled up in a ball leaning against my torse. Lucy's head had fallen onto my hip and her arms wrapped around my upper thighs, she was still out cold. Looking up slowly, I realized my head was resting on Gray's upper chest, with his arm wrapped around my shoulders. I scanned our cabin again and everyone looked to be asleep except for Erza who was too much in her little world to notice anything. Good, I didn't take my dream, no memory, to light. I closed my eyes once more hoping my past doesn't curse my dreams and fall into an uneventful slumber.

The loud sound of the train whistle jerked all of us awake. "We stopped moving!" Natsu screamed as he ejected himself out of the window. "Can't you be normal like the rest of us?" Lucy huffed out as she stretched out her body. A soft chuckle escaped my lips until I realized I was still leaning against Gray. I quickly stood up. "Ah! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to sleep on you!" Before I could hear what he says, I quickly exit the train as well. I turned around in a circle enjoying the fresh hair for once, the saltiness in the air made it unique.

A large clock tower donged. "We still have a few hours before the boat arrives." Erza had her arms crossed as she stood off to the side.

"That gives us plenty of time for shopping!" Lucy screamed as she grabbed Natsu by his scarf and drags him away with Happy flying above.

"I will get us supplies." Erza quickly disappeared into the crowd.

"Guess that leaves us then." Gray spoke coming up to my side. I nodded my head agreeing. I really didn't want to be alone so it worked out.

I began walking aimlessly into the crowd looking at all the people and how much everything has changed in all these years. All I have seen was a barren wasteland of nothingness. The calm was relaxing but something tipped me off. Some dared to threaten the calm that allowed people to go about their daily lives

I slowed my pace and matched it with Gray's. "We have company." I whispered, letting my words get lost in the wind but knew he heard the warning. His eyes flickered to me before shrugging. I placed my hands in my front pock to hide the light that the magic circle makes and whispered a spell under my breath. I sprout several plants in the vicinity so monitor any hostile behavior and to put them to sleep. They would be knocked out for about a day or so.

A gust of wind pushed our clothes to the side, but that wasn't what stopped me. "We will always know where you are." It was one of the voices that I feared. They knew where I was and no one was going to stop them till they had me back. They would kill. But, I wasn't alone, not anymore.