Big Girls Cry Part 14

I looked up at Laxus incredulously, "Excuse me?" I hissed, fangs poking out from my lips.

"You heard me." Looking over, Evergreen had a disgusting smirk on her face thinking she won.

Making my voice very low so only Laxus can hear, "You know why I have to do this." I then raised my voice, "Besides, you're under some love potion she's been putting into your drink! That stuff is on the Black Market, she's trying to steal you away from me and is ignoring the one person who truly cares for her!"

The lightning dragon slayer shook his head. "No, she isn't. She wouldn't do that to me. You're the one who is lying to everybody about who you are, or should I say, what you are. You're not even human! The little girl that we loved died a long time ago and now is this disgusting succubus who can't even absorb eternano! She has to steal it from other people! First me and now Gray! She's corrupting us all! She should be banished and sent back to where she came from!" He hollered around the room. Everything was silent and the whispers started.

Erza stepped forward, "Laxus what do you think you're doing!?" She went to go after him but I put a hand out.

"Why you..." I leapt forward and slammed my fist as hard as I could into his cheek. Laxus reeled back and went crashing onto the floor. "You know nothing! Fine, if you want to tell everyone my secret then so be it but tell it right! Yes, I'm no longer human, yes I have to take eternano by sleeping with people. But I'm not a cold heartless wretch like the two of you! I was tormented for all those years, my body being defiled, destroyed, and rebuilt into this thing. One thing kept me going and that was knowing that Fairy Tail will always be here, my family will always be here! And if you don't accept them and don't see the truth of what she is doing to you then fine! I'll prove it to you by power. I will take the both of you on at the same time and prove to you that I do belong and that she is toying with you!" By the end of my speech, tears were streaming down my face and looking around at my guildmates, not one had a look of fear in their eyes. Maybe regret, sorrow, and pity, but nothing malicious.

Gray had then snatched the bottle out of Evergreen's hand and swirled the liquid inside. "That's a love potion alright. With this much she probably needs to make him ingest this four to five times a day. Since he didn't get his dosage just now that means that it must be wearing off soon, isn't that right?"

Evergreen simply gritted her teeth together. "I don't need to prove anything to a monster like you." She huffed and turned away.

"Aw, is the little fairy scared of the big bad bat?" I cooed into her ear. She jumped back and stormed out with Laxus in tow. I knew she was preparing to "ambush" me but it was a poor miserable attempt.

What a stupid, stupid human.

Stepping outside Laxus had lightning circling his form and Evergreen was hovering in the light.

"I'll turn you to stone!"

I quickly closed my eyes and dropped several seeds into the ground, feeling them begin to rush towards Evergreen. "Only if we can make I contact." I mumble. The fairy ripped her glasses away from her face and I could feel the power emanating from them. Too bad she can't use them. With that the seeds sprouted from the ground winding up around her neck and covering her eyes, immediately putting an end to hear ability.

"Evergreen!" Laxus growled out and went to free her but one of the other seeds sprouted into a giant fly trap encasing her inside.

Laxus went to use his lightning to free her, "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Laxus." His lightning covered fist froze before it could hit the petals. "Do that and you won't just be toasting my plant but the girl inside."

The lightning dragon slayer redirected his attack in my direction but it missed, being poorly aimed. Moving off to the side, I closely watched the dragon slayer. Simply staring into the other's eyes, waiting for someone to make the next move.

Laxus launched forward, issuing a slew of lightning infused punches and kicks. Evading the attacks was simple enough, only getting hit with the stray and wild lightning when the limb got too close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Laxus!" A younger version of me yelled running up to the teen, latching onto his leg.

"What's up, Lil?"

"You left me without saying good-bye!" I had wailed, giant tear drops falling to the ground.

He swiftly lifted me into his arms and held me close, "It's alright, I'll always come back to you."

With a large sniff, I pulled back a little, "Promise?"

"Promise."

I gripped onto his neck as tight as I could, never wanted to let go. "But what if I go?"

"Then I'll search for you until you are back home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the memory played in my mind, I had continued to simply dodge all of Laxus's incoming attacks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Falling onto my back, deep breaths forcing my chest to rise and fall.

A shadow blocked out the sun and opening my eyes it was the lightning dragon slayer, "Is that all you got, Lil?"

I tried to jump up but fell back down, "Maybe?" With a sigh, Laxus lent down and slung me over his shoulder. "Hey, I'm not a sack of flour you can just throw over your shoulder!" Weak punches reached his back but he was not phased. With a frustrated groan, I slumped against his body. "This is no way to treat a lady."

"Good thing you aren't one, yet."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was torn from the memory as the lightning bit out and cut my cheek. "Ice Make: Shield!" I yelled slamming my hands into the ground, hoping that Gray's magic lingered long enough to at least hold off the attack.

The blast knocked me off my feet and I was flush with the ground, just like in the memory. Laxus lingered above with a fist encased in yellow lightning. Tears began to flood my eyes.

"Laxus, come back to me." I whispered as his fist came slamming down. Dust disrupted the air and everything was silent. Opening my eyes, the fist connected with the ground. The fingers uncurled themselves and gently touched the blood dripping down to the ground.

"Lilian." Laxus had whispered before collapsing on top of me.