N I N E T E E N

50 COMMENTS!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Lilah, Hope, and Alaric sped through the school, trying to figure out where Rafael went before he touched anyone else. They walked into the cafeteria, where the school was having a very loud rally. Josie and Landon went to put a barrier spell up around the school. Lilah would've gone with them, but she wasn't too sure if she wanted to now what the tension between the gemini and the bonsai boy was.

Lilah was trying to wrap her head around the fact that she had memories flood back to her when she grabbed onto Rafael. So, he was just another one of the people who was important to her in her past life.

Could she even consider it a past life? It wasn't as if she was in a new life, she just didn't remember what it had been like previous. And past was another word for previous, right?

"Damn," Hope cursed, looking around. "I wonder if Raf already touched someone."

"He touched Lilah," Alaric pointed out. "Well, she touched him when she tackled him. And when she carried him to the car."

"I guess we can add Oni to the list of things that can't kill me," Lilah said sarcastically. "Moving on."

"Just look for anyone acting strange or erratic."

"We're at a pep rally at a high school," Lilah pointed out, deadpanning. 

The football team was in a huddle, shouting, "Timberwolves" over and over again. The sheriff appeared in front of them, a woman.

"There's a student that needs your help," she informed Alaric.

Lilah read her badge. Machado.

Where's Matt Donovan? Lilah wondered. 

The three of them followed after her, leaving the cafeteria to go into the locker room. At the back of the room, there was Rafael. He was sitting on one of the benches with his elbows on his knees, and his hands together. His head was down, and he was rocking back and forth, nervous.

"Raf?" Hope called out softly, both she and Lilah slowly inching forward.

"Girls, wait," Alaric warned. "Don't touch him."

Lilah didn't listen, kneeling in front of him. She already wrestled with him without getting possessed.

"Hey," she said softly, placing her hand over his intertwined ones and bringing them away from his face. 

He looked at her with darting eyes, panic in his pupils.

"It's you, isn't it?" Hope asked softly.

Lilah looked up at Hope to see the worried expression on her face and remembered that Hope actually knew this boy. She hadn't even thought about all of that until now. Rafael had no idea who Hope was, but everyone around was important enough to that girl that she jumped into the Malivore pit for them.

A small smile formed on Raf's face, and Lilah let go of his hand and moved out of the way. Hope got closer, and he nodded at her.

"Yeah," he whispered.

He looked up quickly, eyes falling to Alaric before looking back down at Hope, then to Lilah. His eyes stayed on her.

"Um... I wasn't in control back there," he said, shaking his head.

"It's okay," Hope said softly. "I-I can help you. We just need to know if there's anyone that you've touched or who might've touched you."

"Um..." He shook his head. "I don't remember any of it."