T W O

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

In Rousseau's, standing behind the bar, was Lilah Desmarais. She cleaned the top of the counter after two guys had left, leaving her money to pay their bill and tip her for her service. She let out a breathe as they walked out the door, a bit relieved. It wasn't even 5pm yet, and she was in full therapist-bartender mode. 

The best part about being an ancient vampire who was turned when she was sixteen was that she never aged, the bad part was that sometimes, she still looked like a teenager. People just seemed to assume she had a baby face, either way. Still, since age didn't mean anything to her really, she was still a sixteen year old in her own mind, serving alcohol.

She helped Josh run the place.When the three factions were inside and she was on shift, it was mainly calm and collected—they knew that she was friends with Davina Claire and Josh Rosza, which not coincidentally made her friends with the Mikaelson family.

Davina and Kol would be in town for a few more days before rushing back off to do their worldly travels. Kol, after the life Davina had in New Orleans, wanted to give her the best opportunities to see the world that he possibly could. Sometimes, Josh and Lilah would join them somewhere fancy.

The chime above the door went off, a small bell Lilah put there herself even if her vampire hearing allowed her to hear the door opening without it, even if she was back in the kitchen.

The person who walked in made Lilah do a double take, looking back up from the counter the second she glanced away from him. She squinted, looking at the person in front of her. She was met with curly blond hair and hazel eyes, which scanned the interior of the place he had just entered. When he turned his glance towards her, she looked back down again, beginning to scrub profusely.

"What did the counter do to offend you?" Josh asked, walking to the counter from the back, looking at his roommate.

She playfully rolled her eyes at him, halting her actions. She threw the cloth into the bin they had under the counter, turning around to wash her hands. When she turned back to face the dining area, the blue eyes were right in front of her, talking to Josh.

"Can I get a Manhattan?" he asked Josh, who just nodded, starting to prepare his drink.

Something was familiar about the blond, the way he spoke, the way he leaned against the counter. He looked over to her, sending her a small smile as she wiped down some glasses, returning the gesture while Josh made his drink.

"I'll be right back," Josh told her afterwards, placing his hands on her waist as he moved behind her, heading into the dining area to tend to some sitting guests.

The blond looked over at her, sipping his drink as she walked over to be in front of him, watching Josh's hands on her waist. She worked at Rousseau's enough to know that those who sat at the bar seat meant they needed someone to talk to—especially if they were drinking in the day.