Chapter 27 || High

Hiya :) it's 5:52 am and I haven't slept yet but here ya go!

Jayce POV

I walk out of my room in a hurry, going towards her room. I knock on it but get no response. Sighing, I hang my head in thought. Should I open the door? Just go in? I need to fix this, I lashed out for no reason. Yeah, I have to do this. I open the door slowly and see her sitting on her bed with tears in her eyes.

God, I did this to her. I hurt her.

I was so cruel, how could I be so cruel?

I want to slam my head into a wall at this moment or jump off a fucking cliff. I'm an insensitive prick.

Fucking hell.

By the way she sits up straighter and wipes her eyes, I can tell she already knows I'm here. She's scary good at that.

"I'm sorry."

"No you're not."

I walk over to her bed desperately standing at the edge of it, my heart beating through my ears, pounding in my head

I walk over to her bed desperately standing at the edge of it, my heart beating through my ears, pounding in my head. What if she walks out because I fucked up? What if she wants to leave me already?

"Yes I am. I'm sorry. Please, I don't want to fight...I'm just upset at this situation, okay? Not just you."

"So am I Jayce! I'm upset too! But I'm here and I care about you. I really like you. But we're on opposite sides of this thing and it's not going to end well. We need to win their trust back. With me and Tony on the inside it could help, show that we are loyal or something. I want to protect you. I know you won't sign the Accords. But I will. And I will do everything I can to make sure that you don't get hurt."

I sigh and shake my head with a slight smile, "That seems like wishful thinking, doesn't it?"

She chuckles and shrugs while wiping her tears again, smirking a bit now, "Maybe. But it's all I got right now. Don't you trust me?"

She stands up and walks over to me, softening a bit making me drop my defensive stature, nodding in defeat, "Of course I do."

Natasha walks closer but pauses, staring up at me, "You hurt me."

"I know. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you."

Her head shakes side to side and she closes her eyes, turning around to start thinking more, "You fucked up, Jayce. You used my fucking birth name like it was some sort of weapon."

I hand my head low, feeling the tears pricking at my eyes, "Please Natasha...Don't leave me."

When she stops pacing, I glance up and she has turned around, her face scrunched up in confusion, "Leave you? What the hell are you talking about?"

Shrugging shyly, I feel my voice shake as I speak, "You're mad at me. It's too complicated and I don't know you might hate me and want to break up or something."