Chapter 54 || The Blip.

Yeah so...this one's long...good luck :)

Jayce POV

I grunt when she slaps the top of my hands again, then order for us to restart, this time with my hands on bottom. Yelena's smiling like an asshole while I try to trick her. Moments like these are where I curse my spider senses for not activating quick enough. Guess that means I don't pose Yelena as a threat so they don't ring. But in a game of slaps? Definitely a threat.

"You are bad at this q-tip."

"Shut up."

The QuinJet is somewhat silent, aside from Natasha and Steve trying to come up with a plan. By the time we land in Wakanda, I can nearly guarantee Thanos' army will be on their way, ready to try and kill us all just to get to Vision's stone.

Bruce is pacing back and forth trying to think. Every now and then he will look at me and practically shiver, which makes me feel joyous at the fact I scare the scientist.

"It is funny that Hulk man fears you. You are not scary."

"I can be," I reason, then finally slap her hands when I catch her vision drift to Wanda at Vision's side.

Smirking at my victory, she doesn't even flinch; she just drops her hands. Every time Wanda holds Vision's hand, Yelena gets tense. Then again, Vision's life is in danger, more so than ours, so I can understand Wanda's worries and fears with him right now. She just cares about him.

I chuckle lightly and lean towards Yelena, "She cares about him but they're just friends. You have nothing to worry about."

The shorter blonde looks at me and swallows, "Yup."

"Yelena, seriously. Wanda likes you. A lot. She's just worried about her friend."

When she finally seems to be understanding of it, my ears lock in to Bruce talking about the stone and how him and Tony attached each neuron non-sequentially, so I clear my throat, "I just don't get why you and Tony didn't just reprogram the synapses to work collectively."

He glances at me briefly, then blinks in thought, "Because we...didn't think of it?"

Makes sense.

I raise my eyebrows in faux-surprise and walk over to Natasha and Steve at the table, clicking on the map of Wakanda and eyeing the protective barrier they have around it. It's like a forcefield of some kind. Something I know Tony has always wanted to have around the entire world, a protective forcefield.

And Wakanda has that. Perfectly hidden in plain sight. I'd say we have just about a few hours before Thanos' army arrives.

A literal fight for our lives.

Folding my hands together, I cross my legs over one another and try and focus, a deep dive on my thoughts to clear my mind before what is about to go down goes down. With a few deep breaths, I begin to channel every possible soothing thought, memories that put me at ease.

I think about Natasha and our first date at that restaurant, where she told me her birth name, when I was so nervous to find an outfit that would impress her, when she asked about Gwen because she cares.

I think about Peter and when I was in high school, a time when I brought Gwen home to meet my family and Peter completely tried to embarrass me.

"You're Gwen Stacy? I didn't think you'd be so pretty."

Dropping my jaw and narrowing my eyes, I slap him while Gwen giggles, enthused at Peter's failure to filter himself.

"Thank you...I think," Gwen grins and Peter clears his throat while his cheeks get all rosy.