Chapter 52 || Scotland

AYOOOOOO

1 Year Later (Again)

Wanda POV

"So there's a 10 AM to Glasgow, which would give us more time before you have to go meet up with Melina." I walk with Yelena down the streets, Vision is beside us.

He showed up a few months ago, saying that Tony sent him to check on everyone, make sure we were all at the very least safe. Jayce and Natasha have been with Sam and Steve, although Nat and Jayce are the only ones in actual contact with Tony.

Steve and Tony are still bitter against one another for whatever happened 2 years ago between them once we all went separate ways.

But Tony was in India recently where he reported to Jayce of her little brother's mischievous actions back in the states.

So while Tony handles Peter, Vision is on rogue Avengers duty. Although...him coming to Scotland to see me every few weeks has been...strange.

Especially with Yelena around. I've filled her in on mine and Vision's relationship. Brief as it may have been, he's still important to me, we have a strange connection through the mind stone, but I am aware that his feelings run deeper than friendship.

"What if I were to miss said train?" Yelena quips and I chuckle, "There's an 11."

Yelena stops in her tracks and smacks her lips together, "What if I missed all the trains?"

I frown, turning towards her with furrowed eyebrows while Vision tilts his head in his human form, tapping the mind stone in his forehead with a slight wince.

He's been doing that a lot. I try to help with the pain whenever I see him but it always comes in little bursts. The blonde rolls her eyes and chuckles, "My goodness Wanda Maximoff, I am trying to tell you I'd like to stay. These past two years we've...excuse me." Yelena turns to Vision with her classic irritated and impatient smile.

"Mr. Toaster man. Would you mind giving us some space?" She gestures between us while I slap my hand over my mouth, trying not to laugh at her cruel nickname for him before I grab her arm while Vision walks towards the end of the sidewalk.

Yelena snickers while I tug her, pulling her aside and she holds onto my hand tightly, tapping her fingers against each of my knuckles the way she does when she gets nervous to say something.

"I can read your mind if it makes it easier, you know."

She glares up at me with her big hazel-green eyes and smiles crookedly before shaking her head and puffing out her cheeks, "Tempting as that is, you deserve real words...so...I want to stay."

I smile gently at that, knowing that when she gets really nervous to say what's on her mind, she just asks me to look.

Mostly happens when she wants to tell me I'm pretty.

I find it adorable.

Or when she has a nightmare. That took a while, though. She had them nearly every night and I'd go into her room to try and calm her. After the first 6 months of us on our own, she asked me to look. Then she asked if I could help ease them.

So we do little sessions together.

Every now and then we'll sit down and work on our breathing techniques, I'll help her trying to control her emotions when she re-experiences trauma. She'll have me send her back to traumatic times in her life in the Red Room, when Natasha had to fly the plane because their mother was shot.

We get further every single time. She screams and pulls out further into it every time. She's improving.

"These past two years we have been toe-tipping around each other stealing these tiny little moments and..."