Chapter 37 || Poser

Hello my dearies

Jayce POV

"The Red Room's still active. Where is it?" Natasha quips as we walk into a gas station mart.

"Ooh, Cheez-Its," I grin and reach for a bag, making Yelena gasp and join me, taking her own before she shrugs in response to Natasha.

"I have no idea. He moves location constantly. And every widow is sedated on entry and exit for maximum security." She starts looking through medical supplies in the back while I grab a bunch of snacks.

Natasha comes over to me and raises a scolding eyebrow at me, taking some of the snacks from my arms and putting them back, "I just find it hard to believe that he could stay off my radar."

"I wanted those," I hiss but she just shakes her head, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder and rubbing it in false soothing measures. Rude.

"Well, it's not smart to attack an Avenger if you want to stay hidden. I mean, the clue is in the name. Dreykov kills you, one of the big ones comes to avenge you."

The redhead pauses and lifts her eyes to me, then turns to Yelena and frowns, "Wait, what are the big ones?"

I walk over, making sure Natasha doesn't get too close to Yelena. I don't need another brawl happening, especially not in public.

Opening my bag of Cheez-Its I start eating them and hear the guy at the register sigh, making me turn to him and smile apologetically, taking out a few bucks and placing them on the counter.

"Sorry. Haven't eaten in a bit."

"Whatever," He huffs and looks back at his phone, playing a game that sounds a lot like Angry Birds.

I chew on my lip and pull both lips in between my teeth to stop my laughter before turning back to the sisters while Yelena explains.

"Well, I doubt the god from space has to take an ibuprofen after a fight. Or the human spider thing." She gestures towards me and I widen my eyes, looking back at the guy behind the register to make sure he didn't hear.

When I see he's not even listening, I walk over and huff, "For your information, she is the reason I was taken from HYDRA. She beat my ass."

Yelena snorts, "Ha! I bet you were going easy on her."

Her eyes are teasing, reading through me. But I don't like it. She's talking down on Natasha for not being like the rest of us, for not having powers or a mutation. But she is just as capable as the rest of us. It doesn't matter whether or not I went easy on her, I just didn't kill her that day. Wasn't because I thought she was weak, she did beat me. I made a choice not to kill her because killing isn't my style.

"Okay, just shut up, alright?" Natasha grunts and grabs some wraps and saline.

"Where did you think I was all this time?"

"I thought that you got out and were living a normal life," Nat shrugs while she goes over to a sink to wash her hands.

I gasp and join her, "Thank god. My hands are covered in dirt and random stranger germs. I think when I pulled a kid out of a car they snotted on me."

Natasha side glances at me and smiles, chuckling at my words until Yelena speaks up again.

"And you just never made contact again?"

"Honestly, I thought you didn't want to see me," She reaches to dry her hands and I slide my own on my pants, smiling cheekily at her while walking over to the shelves to grab a little sewing kit.