•3•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 11 ~ Lᴏsᴛ Sᴏᴜʟs

★ ★ ★

Jace stands by the fireplace in his room, leaning on it as he thinks of the times he and Clary kissed. Memories of him and Alisha laughing with each other flash through his head. Then he sees himself throwing Clary off the roof and shouting at his sister. Angrily, he throws all the stuff of the fireplace, flips over a table. Memories of a dozen dead Clary and him as the Owl. He throws a wooden chair at the wardrobe, it breaking at impact before  punching the mirror in anger leaving his buckled bloodied. He then walks over and picks up a dagger with his bloody hand. Images of him stabbing and killing his and Alisha's grandmother fill his head and he paces around the room. Before he can make any mistakes, the door barges open as Izzy rushes in.

"Jace!" She says whilst looking around the room and seeing the destruction. Her eyes top at the blade in his hand making her sigh sympathetically. "By the Angel. What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Jace responds. Izzy pauses for a moment, her eyes on Jace as they look at each other with heartbroken looks.

"I miss them too. So much. Not a minute goes by that I don't think about them, the pain I felt when they..." she shakes off that feeling and instead takes Jace's hand with the dagger in it. "I can only imagine what you're going through."

"The things I've done..." Jace trails off.

"It wasn't you. It was the Owl." Izzy tells her brother softly yet sternly.

"Yeah... Yeah, I know, but I have his memories." Jace comments sadly, his voice cracking. "Attacking those mundanes. Murdering Imogen."

"I understand the kind of pain you're in, Jace." Izzy says quickly whilst taking the dagger from Jace's tight grip.

"No, you don't." Jace says making Izzy look down slightly. "I'm sorry, you don't."

"You're right." She says. "I've never loved anyone the way you loved Clary or the way Alec loved Alisha." She pauses. "But promise me you're not going to hurt yourself." He stops for a second, watching his sister who has tears in her eyes.

"I promise." Izzy quickly engulfs Jace in a hug as the two stand comforting each other.

In Siberia, Alisha continues to run after the footprints made by Clary and Jonathan in her wolf form. Stopping suddenly at a tree, she sniffs the ginger bit of hair stuck on it, huffing happily when she recognises it to be Clary's. She begins pawing the ground slightly so she knows she's already being here if she got lost before following after the footprints, both shadowhunters becoming closer every step she takes.