•12•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 13 ~ Bᴇᴀᴛɪ Bᴇʟʟɪᴄᴏsɪ

★ ★ ★

"Maia!" Alisha shouts as she notices the young werewolf standing outside Ouroboros. The curly haired girl quickly turns around at the sound of her voice and smiles in relief at the sight of Alisha. If Luke wouldn't listen to her, she knew he'd listen to Alisha.

"Hey." Maia quickly brings Alisha into a hug.

"Thought you'd want some help." Alisha smiles.

"What about what you were doing?" Maia questions and Alisha shakes her head.

"Izzy said I could go - they've got it handled." The hybrid comments and Maia nods before walking into the shop, her head held high. As soon as the two walk in, the furrow their browns in confusion. Maryse Lightwood sits beside Luke as they drink coffees. "Maryse?"

"Alisha." The Lightwood smiles before standing and walking over to the hybrid, bringing her into a short hug.

"Sorry to interrupt." Maia comments after walking in after the Herondale. "We need to speak to Luke." Alisha pulls away from Maryse and smiles at her apologetically. Luke puts his coffee on the desk and follows Maia outside.

"Sorry about this, if we'd have known—" Maryse cuts the girl off with a happy smile.

"No need to apologise." Maryse comments before shooing the girl out of the shop and towards Luke and Maia who stand in the street.

"What's up?" Luke asks after Alisha shuts the door behind her and goes to stand beside Maia.

"The pack is falling apart, and, apparently, you're on a date." Maia says, gesturing Maryse inside the shop.

"Okay, it's not a date. We're working." Luke responds and Alisha casts him a knowing smirk.

"On what?" She questions.

"Shadowhunter stuff." Luke tells the girls. "Now, what's going on with the pack?"

"It's Russell. We need you to come home." Maia states.

"Maia, Russell was right about me. I couldn't be in charge anymore." Luke says. "When you're alpha, you need to make the pack your first priority. Your personal life takes a back seat. And mine never did."

"The pack needs you to lead it." Maia responds.

"No." Luke begins. "I'm looking at all the leader the pack needs, right here in front of me." He says whilst staring at Maia.

"You want me to challenge Russell for alpha?" Maia questions. "He would rather die than tap out again, and that's if he doesn't rip my throat out first."

"You don't have to fight him." Luke immediately shakes his head. "You just need to get everyone to back you. He'll have no choice but to stand down." Maia turns and looks at Alisha. The hybrid notices this and shakes her head, immediately knowing what's going on inside her head.

"I can't be alpha." She states and Maia frowns. "I'm half shadowhunter, I can't put the pack first because I may need to put the shadowhunter a above them if there's a life or death situation." The blonde comments and nods for Luke to continue.

"Maia, you're alpha material. You're willing to put the pack before everything else." He tells the young werewolf.

"How do I tell people what to do when I can't get my own life to make sense?" She questions after thinking for a while.

"You'll figure that part out." Luke comments before going back inside, leaving Maia and Alisha standing alone in the street. The Herondale looks over at the werewolf who stands still, thinking about what to do next.

"Are you okay?" She asks and Maia glances up at her. The werewolf doesn't answer, instead, she begins to walk off making Alisha rush to follow.

The hybrid sits on a stool at the bar of the Hunters Moon whilst Maia works her shift. Alisha sips on the whiskey Maia placed in front of her a while ago. The Herondale had spent the last hour trying to convince Maia to think about what Luke had said and but the stubborn werewolf always shakes her head and continued to serve tables. The door opens and Alisha turns around, smiling at the sight of Simon. Simon immediately goes over to the girl, wrapping her in a friendly hug whilst Maia walks back behind the bar.

"There you both are." The vampire comments after pulling away from Alisha's. He turns to Maia who now stands in front of Alisha behind the bar. "Neither of you were picking up your phones." The hybrid frowns and takes out her phone, looking at the 17 missed calls from the Lewis boy.

"Silent." The blonde comments with an apologetic gaze. "Left my phone on silent. Sorry."

"Sorry, I've just been, you know, distracted, but what's up?" Maia asks after looking apologetically at the vampire, just like Alisha was doing.

"Heidi's back." He comments. "Last time, she attacked Isabelle, thinking she was my girlfriend, and I don't want her to attack my actual girlfriend or my beside friend whose a girl." Simon watches Maia as she walks to stand in front of him. Alisha smiles and shakes her head at the boys concern.

"I appreciate that, but I don't need a bodyguard." Maia comments.

"Yeah and ever since Paris I've gotten a whole group of bodyguards, who are surprisingly easy to get away from." The blonde comments with a small smile. "But thanks for the concern Si." The vampire nods at the two girls with a small smile.

"I'm glad you're here, though, so we can, you know, talk." Maia comments whilst gesturing an empty table next to them. "Cover for me?" She asks the hybrid who huffs.

"I don't even work here but okay." She comments, placing her whiskey down before walking behind the bar and serving people drinks. The blonde tunes out of their conversation and instead focusing on getting people the correct drinks. Soon enough, Alisha looks over to see Simon standing up and Maia close to tears.

"Bye Alisha." Simon waves to the hybrid who smiles and waves back.

"Bye Simon!" She says before going over to the werewolf. "Are you alright?" Maia looks up at the ceiling before shaking her head. The hybrid immediacy brings her into a hug, letting her cry into her shoulder.