•10•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 13 ~ Bᴇᴀᴛɪ Bᴇʟʟɪᴄᴏsɪ

★ ★ ★

Alisha sits beside Maia in a booth at the Jade Wolf. The hybrid rests her feet on the red leather seat opposite her as she listens to her new alpha. Luke had caught Alisha up on everything that had happened with the pack whilst she was gone, including his replacement of alpha due to him leaving the pack.

"Listen up. A vampire killed a wolf last night, a Praetor." Russel tells the pack. Alisha glances worriedly at Maia.

"Which Praetor?" Maia questions the bearded werewolf after sharing a look with Alisha.

"Word on the street, his name was Nick." Russel responds and Alisha grips Maias hand and offers her a small smile. "The Praetors are saying this vampire is a serious threat to all wolves. So, sharpen your stakes. Stock up on holy water. Also, I'm instituting a curfew. Effective immediately. No one goes out after dark."

"What? No. I can't do that." Alisha states, standing up and moving to stand next to Bat who was standing up near Russel.

"Curfew? Don't you think that's a little extreme?" Maia questions, still seated.

"I have a job at night. I can't just bail." Bay comments and Alisha nods.

"I'm a shadowhunter. I hunt demons and I don't think that they'd just come out in daylight just cause my alpha, by default might I add, set a stupid curfew." Alisha says making Russel glare at the two standing side by side.

"This isn't a can or can't issue, guys. You just will." Russel says. Maia stands up and approaches Russell.

"I can go with Bat, make sure that he's safe." Maia begins, noticing how Alisha was glaring at Russel, like she was going to attack him. "And Alisha would be with skilled shadowhunters who would protect her."

"I said no. I'm the alpha of this pack now. I make the rules. And anyone who can't or won't abide by those rules can get the hell out." Russel spits, glaring between the three of them.

"I can't lose my job." Bay states, looking at Russel and then back to Alisha and Maia.

"You won't." Alisha comments and Maia nods.

"It's fine. Go." She comments and they both watch as Bat timidly walks past Russell before leaving the Jade Wolf. Maia turns to Russell. "You Turned him. You can't just kick him out."

"Watch me." Russel comments, ignoring the looks he was getting from the rest of the pack.

"This isn't about protecting people." Maia says as she stalks forwards menacingly. "It's about having them kneel at your feet. Russel quickly turns his head and glares at the young werewolf beside him.