•5•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 12 ~ Oʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ Sɪɴ

★ ★ ★

Alisha grips onto the table in the dining room of Jonathan's apartment as the older Morgenstern begins to relocate the apartment. She looks over at Clary whose holding onto a chair tightly. The lights in the apartment are flickering heavily as Jonathan's eyes become fully black. The whole room shakes but it stops as suddenly as it started.

"What was that?" Clary gasps, catching her breath. Alisha looks over at Clary who nodded that she was okay.

"Just a little change of locale." Jonathan announces, watching as Clary rushes to the balcony with Alisha by her side. As soon as they open the doors, they look at the new scenery and immediately realise they're in Paris. Jonathan walks up behind the two girls.

"What's wrong? You're in Paris. I thought you'd be happy." Jonathan asks his sister who was looking out of the room sadly.

"Sorry... I'm not, uh... thrilled to be shackled to my demon-blooded brother." Clary announces making Alisha smirk slightly.

"I take it you're afraid of our little bond." Jonathan comments, watching as Clary scoffs and looks back out to the landscape in front of them. "I forgive you for trying to kill me, by the way." Clary walks back inside, away from her brother.

"So... how does this work?" Clary questions. "If one of us gets hurt, the other does too?"

"That appears to be the case." Jonathan says.

"It must be an effect of that rune Lilith used to resurrect you." Alisha says to Jonathan who nods at the hybrid.

"Well, if we can't be enemies, perhaps we'll be allies. We never got a chance to know each other. And what better place than Paris? Home of Renoir, Matisse, Van Gogh and now... Morgenstern and Herondale." Jonathan exclaims and both girls scoff.

"Oh, give me a break!" Clary exclaims.

"You're a great artist, Clary. And your a protective, loyal friend. I admire than." Jonathan begins. "I'm gonna go get us some food. How about I pick up some art supplies, and you can show me how you work?" Jonathan walks over to the door and Clary thinks about it before quickly turning around.

"Jonathan, wait." Jonathan stops moving and turns to his sister. "Take is with you. If you really wanna get to know us, you can't keep us locked up in here."

"I'm afraid it's not that simple." Jonathan smirks slightly.

"It seems simple enough." Clary says as she steps forwards. "I hurt you, I hurt myself. Alisha hurts you, she hurts me. And besides, we're both on the run from the Clave. It's not like I'm gonna run away. And Alisha won't leave me to deal with you on my own."