•14•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 14 ~ A Kɪss ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴀ Rᴏsᴇ

★ ★ ★

Alisha Herondale watches the iron door in front of her closely as the vampires cease punching it. She looks over at Maia stands up from Jordan's side, also noticing this.

"What?" The injured Praetor wolf questions, watching as the two girls stand analysing the door.

"The pounding. It's stopped." Maia announces, now standing beside Alisha.

"Must be after sunrise." Jordan says through laboured breaths. Maia shakes her head, still panicking.

"We have get out of here now." She says and quickly removes the pipe from the door so they can unlock it.

"Careful." Alisha says, grabbing Maia's arm so she can't unlock the door.

"Just because we don't hear anything doesn't mean Heidi didn't leave more vamps to finish us off." Jordan winces.

"And you're sure she's behind the attack?" Maia asks the poisoned wolf.

"I guarantee it." Jordan spits through gritted teeth. "She set me up to provoke the vamps at the DuMort. It's exactly what she wanted."

"It's a risk I'm willing to take." Maia starts pushing and pounding on the door making them all frown as the door doesn't give. "Damn it. They must have barricaded us inside."

"Where's your phone?" Jordan asks either of the girls. Alisha pulls out her phone making Maia mirror her actions. Both girls sigh when their phones read 'no service'.

"No service." Maia tells the praetor.

"Where's Simon?" Jordan asks. "He's gonna worry if he doesn't hear from you."

"I don't think so." Maia shakes her head "We broke up."

"All right, uh, we just have to sit tight. Someone will come for us eventually." Jordan says whilst holding the cloth to his wound.

"Who?" Maia questions. "Our whole pack was just slaughtered, Luke stepped down, and the Jade Wolf is freaking closed on Mondays!" Maia panics as she begins frantically pounding on the door. "Hello? Is anybody out there? Hello?"

"Maia!" Alisha shouts. "Maia, hey."

"I forgot you're claustrophobic." Jordan announces whilst Alisha places her hand on Maia's arm.