•7•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 12 ~ Oʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ Sɪɴ

★ ★ ★

Alec, Jace and Luke are informing Magnus on the Jonathan, Alisha and Clary situation in the Ops Center. They would've called Izzy but she wasn't anywhere to be found.

"We can confirm that the apartment jumped again early this morning." Jace says as they walk over to a table in the middle of the room. 

"And we have good reason to believe that Alisha and Clary were in it." Alec tells the warlock. 

"The problem is they could be anywhere." Luke says.

"Well, not 'anywhere'." Magnus says as they stand around the table.

"What do you mean?" Alec asks and Magnus pulls up holographic graphs on the table.

"Inter-dimensional domiciles run along ley line grids. Based on the apartment's size and power, there are only a handful of habitable regions with grid junctions large enough to support it." The warlock tells the hopeful group.

"All right. Well, let's get a list of all places that fit the prole and check any nearby Institututes for unusual activity." Alec begins and then turns to the warlock beside him. "Magnus, you must have some international warlock friends who could keep an eye out for us?"

"Well, I'm not one to name drop, but... I'll make a few calls." Magnus says with a  nods.

"Even if we check all these places, it's still like finding a needle in a hay stack." Luke comments, looking between Jace and Alec.

"Then we better start now." Alec says whilst Jace looks at the worried expression on Luke's face.

"Hey. We're gonna find them." He tells the alpha determinedly who glances at him.

Alisha, Clary and Jonathan are almost at the antique shop, still walking with clary in the middle of them both. Although the hybrid can't stand Jonathan, she knows he won't hurt her.

"This is not the first place I'd expect to find a long lost Shadowhunter sword." Clary announces.

"Then you have much to learn." Jonathan smiles slightly, opening the door for the two girls and himself. The shopkeeper stands up from his desk as they walk in.

"Fermé. Desolé." He tells the three.

"I'm sure you can make an exception." Jonathan throws the man a pouch full of coins. "Coins from dead men's eyes. A particular favourite of the Vetis demon. Don't ask me why."