•16•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 14 ~ A Kɪss ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴀ Rᴏsᴇ

★ ★ ★

"Alec you have to let me go back there!" Alisha shouts as she and Alec walk into their shared room. The hybrid had been shouting about how she should have stayed with Luke in the Jade Wolf since they left the restaurant, but her shouts fell on deaf ears. "That's my pack!"

"Luke has it under control." Alec states simply whilst closing their bedroom door.

"Under control?" Alisha repeats, staring at her tired looking boyfriend. "Yeah cause the load of police sirens sounded very reassuring."

"He knows what he's doing." Alec comments calmly, moving over to their wardrobe and grabbing one of his shirts for Alisha to change into. "He gave us time to get you, Jordan, Maia and Simon out of there." He turns around and places the shirt on their double bed. Alisha looks down at her worn down hands, both hers and Jordan's blood still reminiscing on them. Alec's worried gaze takes in her broken appearance. The unshed tears in her eyes for her fallen pack mates. The traumatised eyes. Her dirty and bloodied body. "By the Angel." He whispers before swiftly bringing her into a comforting hug, which she gladly accepts.

"I couldn't save them Alec." She sobs into his chest, making his heart break even more.

"I know." He comments. "But it's not your job to save them. You can't save everyone and that's okay." He says whist gently stroking her hair. "You saved yourself and that's all that matters." He states, mainly to himself. The shadowhunter guides them both to the bed where they sit as he tries to calm Alisha. The two of them sit in each other's arms the rest of the night, taking every bit of comfort they can get.

Alec walks into the Ops Centre the next morning and straight towards his sister. The female Lightwood immediately stops what she's doing to look up at her brother. Her eyes glance around him, looking for her parabatai who, surprisingly, wasn't by his side. Her brother catches Izzy's gaze and smiles slightly.

"She's with Magnus, he's checking she's alright." Alec comments and Izzy nods.

"How are you?" She questions. Alec shakes his head.

"I don't even know." He states. "When I walked into Jade Wolf with Simon and Luke, it was just a floor of bodies." The shadowhunter discreetly shudders at the memory. "The fear of not knowing if Alisha was one of them was eating me up whole. I mean, there's so much we haven't done together." Izzy smiles at her lovestruck brother. "I'm just so relieved she was safe and breathing." Isabelle nods, turning off the computer she was using.

"At least she's safe." She comments when turning back to her brother.

"What if she wasn't." Alec states and before Izzy can assure him she's okay, he continues. "I mean, I wouldn't have had a chance to ask her to marry me."