•15•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 14 ~ A Kɪss ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴀ Rᴏsᴇ

★ ★ ★

The room has become dark. Alisha's eyes remain on the wall in front of her as she listens to Jordan's breathing slow down gradually. The Preator has his eyes closed, Alec's jacket is still offering him some warmth. Maia still sits next to him as they all stay silent.

"You know, I never got to thank you." Maia says after a while of silence making Alisha lift her head up and turn to the pain.

"For what?" Jordan asks.

"For saving my life." She says. "That vampire was gonna gut me if you didn't get in his way."

"It's the least I could do for getting you into this mess." He comments.

"It wasn't your fault." Maia says softly.

"I meant for turning you into a wolf in the first place." He tells the werewolf beside him. Maia turns around to look at the praetor.

"We're supposed to be thinking happy thoughts, remember?" She reminds him. "Besides, I... I know you didn't mean it. So, there's no point in getting into that right now."

"Abandoning you after I turned you..." he trails off. "I'll never forgive myself for that."

"We don't have to talk about it." She tells him, her voice becoming more stern.

"I just want it on record. Just in case..." he trails off again. Maia turns to face him, the pain she's feeling is evident in her eyes.

"Jordan, stop." She says.

"It's okay. I feel lucky, in a way. I only ever wanted to be by your side." He tells her.

"Jordan. Hey." She says, watching him with furrowed brows.

"I wish I could take it all back. You deserve to be so happy, Maia." He struggles to get out.

"Jordan..." she says but gets no response. "Jordan?" She begins stroking his cheek. "Hey. Hey, I forgive you, okay?" Alisha looks over and her eyes water at the sight of an unconscious Jordan and a desperate Maia. "I was just confused and sad, and mad at myself for loving you. But it doesn't matter now. Jordan." She sniffles as her voice breaks. "Jordan, you'll get through this." Alisha stands up and places herself beside Maia as the wolf cries.

"Come here." She says and Maia gladly accepts the hybrids embrace. The blonde rubs her back as her watery eyes catch sight of the curly haired girl desperately clutching onto Jordan's hand. "It's gonna be okay." She whispers softly over Maia's cries.

"We need someone to find us." Maia sobs and Alisha nods.

"I have an idea." She says before standing up and grabbing a sharp piece of metal which lies on the floor beside the door. She quickly places it on her hand before making a cut deep enough to alert Izzy but not deep enough so she may bleed out.

Alec checks his phone for the nth time today. Izzy walks up to him with a sympathetic smile. She pats his back as he places his phone back into his jeans pocket.

"I'm sure she's fine." Izzy tells her brother. "She's not hurt so you don't need to stress."

"Then why isn't she answering her phone?" Alec questions worriedly.

"Maybe it died?" Izzy says. "She's with Maia and you know them two won't let either one of them get hurt." Alec nods slightly. Suddenly, Izzy winces, grabbing her arm making Alec step forwards. "Alisha." He looks at his sister before pulling out his phone and dialling Luke.

Maia continues to cry into Alisha's shoulder. Jordan still lies unconscious beside the two. Alisha rubs the girls back as she rest her head on her shoulder. The hybrid has her hand placed on Jordan's forearm as she takes his pain. The veins along her arm are a bright golden colour as she uses her angelic powers. Her face contorts into discomfort making her furrow her brows. She tied a cloth around her hand, not wanting to heal it so Izzy comes quicker. The two suddenly look up as the door is broken off of its hinges. Alisha stands up whilst Maia places herself back next to Jordan.

"Simon." Maia gasps, watching the vampire place the door on the wall behind him. The Lewis boy quickly brings Alisha into a hug.

"Are you okay?" He asks and she nods, pulling away. Simon looks over at Jordan.  "Is he..."

"Alive. Barely." Maia states and Simon rushes to the praetors side.

"Alisha?" Alec's voice fills their ears making the hybrid turn to see her very concerned looking boyfriend standing in the doorway. "Oh thank the Angel." He sighs in relief, letting Alisha jump into his arms. "You're okay?

"I'm okay, but Jordan isn't." She tells her boyfriend who nods, trying to not focus on her bloodied hand which she quickly heals now they've been found.

"We have to get him up." Simon says whilst he and Alec quickly lift Jordan up and take him out of the storage closet. Maia and Alisha quickly follow after them.

"Who did this?" Simon questions as they walk towards the kitchen.

"We're pretty sure Heidi's behind the attack." Alisha tells the two. "She sent a bunch of vamps with silver blades."

"We have to get him to the Praetor. They're the only ones who can save him." Maia stresses and both Alec and Simon nod.

"Okay." The shadowhunter announces as they burst through the kitchen doors and into the restaurant.

"Luke." Simon shouts as Alisha looks around the room. She gasps at all her pack mates dead on the ground. Alec, noticing this, quickly gives Jordan to Maia and rushes over to his girlfriend, wrapping his arms around her.

"They're all dead." She whispers whilst Alec pulls her away and back towards the kitchen.

"Luke, are you coming?" Simon asks.

"I have to finish the rites." Luke says after a while. A police siren is close and stops by the restaurant. "Get him outta here. I'll take care of the cops."

"We have to contact the Institute." Simon begins. "We have–"

"Simon, I said I'll handle it. Get him to the Praetor now!" Luke cuts the vampire off. Alisha struggles in Alec's grip, wanting to help Luke but the shadowhunter quickly pulls her out of the room and out the back exit of the Jade Wolf.

a/n

Sorry for the long wait, I've just finished doing my mock exams and I was revising so I didn't have time to update this book. I aim to post regularly again - once a week. Thank you for your patience x